THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Months ago, right after hip #1, I taped my razor to the otherwise useless clothing puller that you get in those bundled hip recovery kits. It works like a dream. However now, I’m flexible enough that I can safely reach my legs to shave them. I keep my knee pointed forward and don’t swivel in. I can’t quite see the backs but it works and you’re so right—getting older means less leg hair.:loll:

Splendid news, and you get a prize for being so good even with the extra hiccups. A Vacay, Yay!:happydance:
Hope you have a good week, Friend.:yes:

Great news from the doctor, @ceezee--I bet you came out of the office with a big smile on your face, especially knowing that lovely vacation wouldn't have to be canceled and you can anticipate it with confidence. I am sure the time away will involve a lot of walking and that sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Just make sure to balance it out with rest breaks and you'll do fine. So very happy for you--congratulations! Moving along in recovery, and here's to no further problems, all smooth sailing ahead! Happy Tuesday!

What a great day yesterday!

First, the very good news from the PA. And second, a Rosh Hashanah dinner with my husband’s family at my sister in law’s house. They hadn’t seen me walking on two feet for over two months and I got lots of hugs. We brought both of our dogs with us so a good time was had by all!

Awesome!
I'm imagining everything feels lighter, brighter, full of promise. I'll bet you're on that natural high that usually comes days after surgery realizing it's behind you. Hugs are always welcome and I'm sure you received many compliments on how well you looked and were doing.
Long overdue, but finally Happy Days Are Here Again :happydance: :yes!:
Have a terrific Tuesday!
@ceezee

@ceezee sounds like a great way to celebrate the good news and your progress!

Wonderful news @ceezee I am thrilled for you that you are cleared to start walking some. You have handled this set back with such a great attitude. Hoping you progress quickly now that you have green light!

I love the new format. It’s so much easier on my eyes. I have tons of floaters and this is great.

Today I’m off to my friend’s for a massage ..... she’s a certified massage therapist and does exactly what’s needed. It’s going to feel so so so good. Usually I’d bring the dogs but that would be too much right now. Also, this is my first time driving since I got the okay last Thursday. Gasp. She’s nearby so it shouldn’t be too much.

Glad you like the new format. Thanks for sharing!
Drive safely :driver:and enjoy the massage.
Loki and Ripple will anxiously await your return :puppysmooze:

Shana Tova from your northern neighbour! And thank you so much for the "magnesium cure" from a few days back! Wow- actually slept all the way till my alarm went off at 7:30 this morning! (and could definitely have slept longer were I not on lunch making duty for my son! )

@ceezee, enjoy your massage, they are so helpful.. I had one yesterday. I love hearing that you are out and about again. edited to say I wanted to leave you an emoji but it's not letting me... sad face!
So picture the emoji of driving a car. haha

Stopping by to say Hi :hi:
How did your massage and being back behind the wheel go?
I didn't drive for an additional week once I was cleared either.
Not fearful, just didn't feel up to going places much then. I hope you have a nice weekend! :SUNsmile:
@ceezee

Ceezee I suggest you do invest in some collapsible trekking poles. They will reduce the strain on your legs while you walk around Montreal. Its getting a tad frosty to rely on benches ( which they do have) for frequent rests.
And please please do post where you visited. We have taken winter weekends to Quebec but it has always been to Quebec City.. We would like to see Montreal in the winter. We have been to Mont Royale and some places in the winter but most of that was in the 1960's when we were in college and more interested in booze than churches and museums.

@mainegirl1 I already have two Leki collapsible hiking sticks that I’ve been using during this llloooooonnnnnggggg recovery. I originally got them for hiking the Grand Canyon and they are wonderful! Mine have cork handles and are so easy on the hands.

We usually head up to Montréal once a year for a week in the fall and take our dog. It’s very dog friendly. This year we’ll only be there for a couple of days and we won’t have the dog.

The drive from Philadelphia to Montréal is less than 7 hours so it’s very convenient.

@Layla Driving has been fine. Yesterday it was just nearby for the massage. It was so good I’m going back each week until we leave on vacation. Today I drove into town for my haircut. Philly is no fun to drive into. We usually take a regional rail train and it’s free for senior citizens. That’s only a 15-20 minute trip. But the hair salon is in the Italian Market area (think the Rocky movie) and not close to the train stations so I drove. I actually got a spot on the street, with no meters, directly across from the salon! Lucky me!

Then coming home I drove to the shopping area near where I live to the Apple store to buy a new band for my Apple Watch. I worked there for around 4 years after I retired, sort of like a paid hobby, and ran into some of the wonderful people I worked with then. They’ve all grown up now, gotten married, had children. It’s been 4-5 years since I worked there and although I do check in every once in a while it hadn’t been since May so it was great to see them again. Again, lots of hugs.

I’m trying to ignore the various pains in my right thigh, etc, and am constantly reminding myself I’ve only been walking a week. I’m still using the one cane except for sometimes. :heehee: I’ve lost it a few times in the house. I can normally go down the stairs today but up is still toddler style. Work in progress. No doubt.

Last edited:
And one step at a time up for practice. Not the whole stairs as you know . I bet you can toddler style pretty fast.
Still would like expert advice on churches and museums and where to eat though I suspect there are no wrong choices
We usually blow through Montreal enroute to a canoe trip though we sometimes stop on Boulevard St Laurent at Schwarzs for a smoked meat sandwich. We eat outside on a bench and our poor dog is confused as everyone is in a hurry and won't stop to pet her which she is used to everyone doing.
I too hiked the Grand Canyon down and up! I can't imagine doing it now! It was 25 years ago! Our group leader at the time was 74!
When did you go @ceezee ?
I went also in 2016 but as it was prior to TKR I just hobbled around it on the paved paths.

@mainegirl1 You are right. They are no bad or even mediocre places to eat in Montréal. This time we’re only there for 2 nights...I mean dinners. :heehee: One of our mainstays is L’Express. The new one we’re trying this time is Le-Chasse-Galerie. Check out this site.

We try to catch an orchestra concert at the new venue. It’s stunning. Absolutely stunning. Also if you like hockey and you go during season that’s always fun. Plus you need to hit one of the real farmers markets.

We always stay in the Plateau area. If you’re looking for a place to rent for longer you can message me and I’ll share the place where we go.

It’s been quite some time since we did the Grand Canyon. When I was in my late-20’s I climbed Mount Fuji. That was one of the best things I’ve ever done.

If you like whiskey, in Montréal this place is fun. Pub L'Île Noire.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jojojo1
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom