THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Gosh, your surgery date is rolling up very quickly! By November you will REALLY be able to enjoy K of P mall to shop for the holidays! Just you talking about it makes me crave an Auntie Ann's pretzel.. I am so out of control with my cravings!! I'm like you,, that "get 'er done" attitude comes in handy at times. You will do great :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Even more to celebrate! :heehee: I've always liked my name. I hope you do also.

At the mall yesterday I took a small skid as I was approaching steps. Slippery marble. It hurt like crazy but finally got better during my walk. Yes, because it eased up I still walked 5000 steps, but slowly.

I’m so worried that something will come up that stops me from the next surgery. It still hurts going up stairs. I can do it but I still need my cane. Generally walking is okay. It’s not totally painless but okay. My right hip, non operated on yet, is getting worse and worse. If I can’t do the surgery in a week and half it’s a wait until November due to my husbands job. And I really need him to help me that first week. So....I have one more week to get to the point where I’m good to go. My assumption is I’ll make it.

And oh yeah, I just bought a second whippet and she’s coming on Monday. Not a puppy, 2 1/2 years old. She’ll be sweet and easy.

Today I’m doing nothing.

I think you'll make it to surgery. Are you worried because you haven't mastered stairs, mentioning it still hurts while trying to navigate them? If so, think of bilaterals, they don't have a good leg to stand on after surgery.

After the activity of yesterday, resting today sounds wise. A little rest, a little ice, maybe even a heating pad on Righty and ice on Lefty. Sheesh, the exciting life we live leading up to surgery. :bored: :yawn:

Wishing you a comfy care-free kind of day!
@ceezee

@ceezee
I watch your posts. You are 10 days ahead of me, but I also am still mastering steps. I use both legs without a cane but not continuously. I still do good leg up, bad leg down and also do bad leg up in between steps for practice. You sound like you are doing good walking at the mall. I just started mall walking, it feels good to walk. Hope it works out for you to get that other hip done.

Darn it! I hate to hear about your little slip-skid. I agree that rest, ice and good thoughts will get you to a good place. Everything seems to spook us as we get closer to the surgery date.
Its so hot and humid here, we drove to a smaller mall and did a little walking yesterday. Im in that grumpy, stir crazy stage and the heat keeping me inside is kind of the last straw.
I hate to say this but if you are sore at all, maybe don't do as many steps tomorrow, either?
Take care of yourself.. @ceezee
Congrats on the new best friend!:dogwalk:

I have to convince my OS a week from tomorrow that I’m good to go. That’s my final pre op meeting.

I did take a nap this afternoon and feel much better now. I think now I need to take it easy. Period.

That said, I can’t wait to see my new companion tomorrow. Those whippets know how to snuggle. And snuggling makes me happy.

I can’t imagine how I would cope without all of you to support me. And I’m a strong lady.

You appear to be doing really well, @ceezee, and will be prepared for round two in November--but no slips and slides--be careful! I am not a pet person, but I did grow up with them and I can well imagine that that you'll be happy and excited to have your new fur baby at home. Whippets are such beautiful animals!

You appear to be doing really well, @ceezee, and will be prepared for round two in November--but no slips and slides--be careful!
Thanks! I feel pretty good and can’t wait to get the new girl this afternoon. She’s a great distraction.

Um...round two is a week from tomorrow. Actually I wish it was this week to just get it done and I’m certainly glad it’s not in November but it’s next week.

Happy Monday!
Great news that you'll be getting your new pal this afternoon.
A perfect distraction to pass the time as you wait for Round Two.
Lots of snuggles to make you happy and hopefully provide some comfort.
Wishing you a great day and week!
@ceezee

Sorry about that fall. i feel it here. Oh but a whippet--sounds like a lot of fun and energy. I love my animals--the wild ones too.Take care of yourself.

Congratulations on your new furry friend. Nothing like a new family member to love!
So sorry about your slip at the mall. Sounds smart to take it easy. Darn wet floors!

Hope your whippet is an easy addition to your household. Take care @ceezee

65A64AEF-125F-4975-9D04-C9C0B563A313.jpeg

Loki, who’s 9.

5EBBE578-18E0-4698-A3B4-64FB95A28383.jpeg

And his new lady friend who came yesterday, Ripple.

Awww, precious they are. Ripple's eyes are beautiful. She's looks pretty comfy in her new digs.
Enjoy and have a great Tuesday!
@ceezee

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom