THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

@ceezee I will be glad when I can reach my toenails. Barely can do lotion on my lower calves. And why is it so cold where you live? Even with a storm? Aren't you close to the coast where the warm winds blow in. Trying to figure out how it can go to 30degrees there when it's 87 in MI. Unless you are speaking celcius?

Unless you are speaking celcius?
You nailed it. It was in Celsius. She lives in Canada where that’s used. It went from 92°F down to 68°F.

I lived in Japan for a couple of years and got used to Celsius plus we often vacation in Canada.

There are trees down everywhere around here and lost power but we escaped damage.

I had a busy day so I’ll wait to see how I feel tomorrow but right now it’s good. I went to the local farmers market for goodies, hit the shoe store and bought a pair of sandals, made cole slaw, watched two FIFA games, had a good friend and her husband over for a home cooked dinner of sautéed cod and cole slaw etc. It felt like a great normal day! I’m so hoping I didn’t overdo it and I think I might be okay.

Last edited:
@ceezee Sounds like you had a great day. Glad to see you out and about a little. It's scary at first to try. My husband and I went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. I was worried about the chairs, if I would get too tired, etc. Everything was fine, just fine. I'm glad I got out too.

@Cecropia Like you said, getting out is really important and it’s something I try to do nearly every day. We’ve been hitting dinner out around twice a week. I may be getting spoiled. And now it’s nice to not need to bring a cushion with me everywhere I go just in case the chair is too hard. All these little things are so positive.

Yesterday I was mainly worried about the over 10,000 steps I managed to accrue during the day! That’s the most I’ve had in one day since the surgery but all went well and I feel fine this morning. And I slept through the night. :yes!:

Toenails! My next goal.:egypdance: I can just reach my ankle now.

Would a small footstool help? That's how I first accomplished a pedi.

Wow, you had a really active day yesterday. Sounds like fun though. I love Farmers Markets. And what girl doesn't like new shoes?! A home cooked meal with friends to top it off....great day!
Best part is you're feeling fine this morning. Yay, you! :yay:
I hope your Sunday is sweet :wave:
@ceezee

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m getting down to the last really sore thing and it’s my IT band. I’m already on ibuprofen and I ice for 50+ minutes several times a day but it’s being stubborn. It starts at the top end of my incision (where there is still a lump) and travels down my outside leg to about a quarter of the way down my thigh.

Anything else I can try? An exercise that is safe for my hip?

Thanks!

I did read that article and even have it bookmarked! I think the exercises are not appropriate yet but I’ll check out the topical gels which I haven’t done. I’m already doing everything else.

It might be time to see my friend the massage therapist sooner than I had planned. She can get in there and beat it into shape.

@Josephine I know ibuprofen isn’t supposed to be as good for pain but it is good for inflammation. I had been on Tylenol with 1000mg 4 times a day for weeks and weeks and weeks and eventually it was not helping at all. When I switched to ibuprofen I saw an immediate improvement. That hip has always been prone to inflammation.

I do wish the Tylenol helped. For a week or so I was on a combination of both per the PA’s advice, which felt better than just the Tylenol. But when I dropped the Tylenol for all ibuprofen, again with the PA’s advice, is when I saw more improvement.

I had my 6 week check up this morning and all looks well. :dancy: I’m off all restrictions, not that he had any. He suggested I start going to PT once or twice a week before my second surgery to gently work on ROM, strength, gait, and isometrics. Then I have another follow up the day before the next surgery to check progress. I’ve made an appointment for PT on this Wednesday but it’s probably just an evaluation.

And! I’ve been taking magnesium tablets, 300mg, for the last three nights and I’ve been sleeping much better. Zero RLS, I fall asleep right away, and the overall aches are gone. Huge improvement. :yes!:

:wowspring:Wow, good news all around. What a nice update.
And you're officially in "the month." Hopefully time flies and you'll soon be on the mend for the last time.
Wishing you comfort and many good days as you await your next date.

I'm happy to hear you're no longer struggling with RLS and sleeping better too! A peaceful night's sleep gives you a great start to the day.
Happy Monday!
@ceezee

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member