THR bone pain/ limp

fifi59

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all. I had a THR right side in September 2018. I walked quite well bearing in mind my left hip is bad and I'm having injections asap the past few weeks I have been in agony in my femur/hip and am back on crutches. I'm limping like I did prior to surgery. Please advise

Is it possible for the femur to be loose. My hip was uncemented

Thank you x

You are in the UK, I suggest an appointment with your GP or a visit to A&E.

Hi @fifi59 and :welome: to the forum.
Your brief description does sound terribly concerning and I do hope you have contacted your surgeon.

I was wondering how your early recovery went...is this all new or a worsening condition?
We can ask @Josephine, our nurse director to weigh in but she will want to leave you some important questions regarding the exact site of your pain and your daily activities leading up to this.
I'm sorry you ate dealing with this.

Welcome @fifi59 to the best place for information, other's experience with encouragement and support. Stay with us and you will receive direction. Take care

Oh gosh, how worrisome. I will say that as I waited for my second hip to be replaced that it began causing a lot of discomfort in my first THR and it was disheartening. But never enough to put me on crutches. Hopefully you can get some answers soon.

I have been in agony in my femur/hip
Can you show me where this pain is using this chart?

aa hip-references-horz.jpg

@fifi59 Stopping by to say hello :curtsey: and wondering how you are doing? did you notice Josephine's pain chart above? She would be happy to help you with your troubles. Are you feeling any relief?
Let us know, we care..

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom