Lounge Doctor
ConforMIS

THR Bone-on-Bone

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Bilateral is having both done at once. Not everyone is a candidate for this and some surgeons won't do bilateral. But if your surgeon would, you might want to explore this option.

My colleague @Mojo333 had bilateral THR. I've tagged her so that she can come and chat with you.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
I was apparently a good candidate, determined by surgeon who said since I had nothing he felt would be a concern due to the longer surgery...healthy, save the horrid hip situation...and I have been ever so lucky to have one surgery and one recovery.:tada:
The first month was slightly tricky ..but, since it is the only experience I have, I am grateful and feel glad to have it One and Done.
Only your surgeon can make that determination, and some don't even consider this...
But 3 1/2 years out, I am grateful, happy and doing very well.

OP
OP
H

HipsDon'tLie

Country
That's fantastic Mojo. My surgeon doesn't perform bi-lateral on anyone, so that's out. But during preadmission testing the PA said it's possible I can have the 2nd hip done shortly after recovery.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello @HipsDon'tLie :wave:
Stopping by to wish you all the best on Monday. I hope if you’re able to get your other hip done soon also since it’s causing you so much pain. One at a time. You’ll be halfway there after Monday and one day closer to fully recapturing life as you knew it before the pain began. Wishing you comfort over the weekend and as you begin healing. See you on the bright side soon! :SUNsmile:

Shyer

Country
@HipsDon'tLie -- sending best wishes your way for Nov 09. I've enjoyed and related to your pre-op posts! Look forward to hearing more from you on the flip side.

OP
OP
H

HipsDon'tLie

Country
Awwwww thanks Shyer and Layla. You are all such special people. I will definitely see everyone on the other side with an account of how things went.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave:Looking forward to seeing you on The Healing Side
Bye bye hip pain :tada:

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics