• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Bone donation UK

Ariel

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
By this stage with my last hip I had agreed to donate the removed bone. I have not been asked the question yet so will I be given the chance to give my bone for donation? I am down for an unglued HR as I was previously.

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR
Nurse Director
Country
I am down for an unglued HR as I was previously.
I think you mean an uncemented replacement. Sometimes these consent for donation are done in the waiting area of the theatre.

OP
OP
Ariel

Ariel

Country
Yes uncemented, It seems a shame to just chuck good bone into the bin when it could be used to help improve a life. I will bring it up if they do not. During my life I have broken dozens of bones and have wires and a couple of plates holding old fractures together so giving a bit back to the NHS is only right after all they have done for me.

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR
Nurse Director
Country
I'll repeat this because it wasn't connected to my comment about an uncemented hip!
Sometimes these consent for donation are done in the waiting area of the theatre.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jusight77
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom