Ask the Expert Webinar
Lounge Doctor

TKR BMI 50 - Need surgeon in NY

allots

Country
United States United States
Hi I'm 60yr and my BMI is 50 and I need a Dr. who is near Long Island NY. I was told to skip trying to see HSS since they need under 40 BMI. I am also trying for weight loss surgery in august but need a TKR doctor to do that surgery afterwards for both knees.
What is suggested as the best protocol? Doing one knee at a time? Please help with Doctor names if you can.....
I may leave the NYC area soon so I'm trying to get one knee surgery in this area first. I can only hobble.
Many thanks

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@allots You will notice I moved your post to a thread of your own. You will get much more input from our members here.

Have you tried our surgeon locator (top of page in the blue bar)?

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
I know of a surgeon in North Carolina. They are rather hard to find, though, at your current BMI level.

Durham

Dr. Ralph Liebelt
120 William Penn Plaza
Independence Park
Durham, NC 27704

Phone: 877-959-2856

Works with high BMI patients. Recommended by Mark (via Daniel Hill; Area Director, NC, Joint Replacement; (919) 632-6352)

You might also contact this surgeon to either take your case or help you find someone who will work with you. I've spoken to him a couple of times and he is wonderful to work with. He's at HSS. Be sure and tell him that you are a BoneSmartie and that I sent you.

Dr. Della Valle

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I do not know if my OS had a cut off, he never brought it up but my BMI was between 40-48 for my different surgeries. He is located in Rochester, NY which is not exactly next to Long Island but might be worth checking out. His name is below. I checked the web site and he is accepting in person and telemedicine appointments.

Michael James Klotz, MD
Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery
Languages: English
Phone: (585) 723-7600

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member