TKR Bluejuju's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's "in there."

Oh that phrase makes me shudder. The first time the PT said that to me was in reference to her frustration with my lack of range of motion while trying to stretch me, saying I was "guarding" too much. Then she attempted to stretch me to the point of tears, I sat up and told her if she heard me say "stop" she was to do so from then on. She did, but I did hear that "it's in there" phrase several more times.

Ah, but when I say "in there" I mean it will come, not that you need it *today. Sorry I made you shudder. :scaredycat:

Well, went to PT and got my basket weave of kinesiology tape on. Feels kinda good. After being sedentary all of last week with only having PT once, I was able to hit 100 ROM today on my own without hurting!! So there is something to this rest, ice, and elevation thing. I am a strong believer of letting the knee heal up on its own without constant aggravation of exercise... Thank you to all the forum advisors and a big thanks to Josephine for not exercising and showing us that our knees will bend in due time!!!

Yay! Keep up the good (no) work. How long does it take to do the weave?

Not long.. she cut the strips and placed them on- all of 5 minutes. Problem is that I had pants on today, so part of the tape is peeling off. I will buy a roll of this tape from PT and apply every three days. Hope it works..watching tv now, icing and elevating and hoping the dog doesn't need to go out soon :)

Mine's giving me the evil eye, well as evil as a golden can look at least. Everyone else deserted the house right after dinner, and I don't think anyone let him out. And I'm so comfy.

I think we need a bell that we can ring and people will come running.... ahhh, to dream....

After being sedentary all of last week with only having PT once, I was able to hit 100 ROM today on my own without hurting!! So there is something to this rest, ice, and elevation thing. I am a strong believer of letting the knee heal up on its own without constant aggravation of exercise... Thank you to all the forum advisors and a big thanks to Josephine for not exercising and showing us that our knees will bend in due time!!!
I'm another who did no formal PT at all after my last TKR. I've had an uneventful recovery, can do anything I want with my knee, and it bends just as far as my other knee.

Just walked up the steps and realized how my new knee doesn't hurt but my other one has that bone on bone feeling. Nice!! I guess my other knee wants to become a new knee as well . In time old knee, in time.

That's what my surgeon tells me as well. So far no bone on bone but it is starting to creak a bit as I am oh so slowly getting back to a higher activity level.

Boy, I wore pants today and it really bothered my scar.... very sensitive. I wish that would go away..for winter is right around the corner.

9 weeks today
I feel like I am going backwards. I had trouble getting in and out of the car today. PT tomorrow where my big measurement will be. PT said if no increase from 95 ROM that I will need to call my OS to let her know and talk of MUA. Pray for me.

I felt that way at nine weeks, too. I'm holding my own at Week 11. Hang in there. It will get better.

Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005

95 degrees is OK at 9 weeks, as long as you are making steady progress.
Very few surgeons do a MUA if you are past 90 degrees.

Don't worry if your ROM alters a bit as it's normal to get small variations.

Here I am at almost 4 months and I'm having a backwards week due to over doing it. Just rest your knee, elevate and ice it and it will bounce back. If you're swollen your ROM will be affected.

Brenda

Thanks Brenda .. Ice it is.. PT had me kneeling yesterday, so my kneecap is a little sore today. She said that I got to 95 without difficulty compared to last week. Boy, this is a turtle race..you are going to hear me squeal with joy once I hit 100!! Hey, does anyone know of a good compression sleeve that doesn't slip down the leg? That is my next purchase to see if it can help with this swelling.

They've been cutting me a new sleeve every couple of weeks. Tsk tsk

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties