TKR Blue skies and a new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
My slushy bag recipe is 1 cup alcohol and 2 cups of water, mix and put in quart bag. I haven't made any yet, but that's a good idea. Shelly, so glad you are doing good. Thanks for keeping us updated, I love reading all the posts so I will kinda sorta know what to expect. I know you are so thankful for your daughter and that she's able to help you. I have 2 sons, both are married, one lives in Murfreesboro, TN and the other lives right down the road from us, but Monday, they are having their 2nd baby, a little boy to play with big brother. So, it's only me and my husband. Hubby is wonderful, but we live on a farm, and have beef cattle, so he has to put up hay, and right now the weather is not cooperating, and I'm afraid it's going to be after my surgery before he has several good weather days in a row so he can get it put up. He's worrying about how he's going to get that done and take care of me, too. Will definitely be interesting. I told him maybe he can get hay up while I'm in the rehab facility. Keeping fingers crossed. I hope you continue your wonderful progress, just keep doing what you're doing and behave yourself!! Take care-hugs to you

Shelly. Just checking to see how you are doing! I hope the BP and general yuckiness is getting better, and that is also a medical term:)..
Take one day at time, remember Rome was not built in a day!!!!

Hi Shelly, Checking in on you. Hope you are feeling much better! Did you go for your first outing yet? Please let us hear about it. Take good care of yourself and when you feel up to it, let us know how it's going. Tons of hugs to you!
:friends:

Hi Shelly:
I am so encouraged by your postings and that your pain is so tolerable. I really, really hope they figure out why you are getting dizzy; do yoy think it is the meds? Are you bored at home or finding ways to keep busy.
I am still not sure when I am having my surgery. Because of the tremors I was terrified I had Parkinson's, but the neurologist said no but he wants to do a MRI and a MRA for a brain aneuresm (probably misspelled). Not sure why he thinks that except that my mom died when I was 7 of an aneuresm.
Keep up the good work and the positive attitude!
Karyn

Hey Shelly-girl, you doing OK? Just checking on you, have missed your wonderful posts. Hope your dizziness is better. I'll check on you tomorrow. Have a good sleep. Hugs flying across the miles to you!

Wondering about you!! Hope everything is going okay.

Shellebelle After rereading your threads I wanted to mention something to you about the dizzy spells. I had the same problem--when I would get up I would start to feel dizzy, breakout in a sweat, and have to sit or lay back down. My OS told me to try this--after taking my Percocet during the day, lie down for about an hour or hour and a half with as little head movement as possible. I tried it and it seemed to help me a lot. My nausea was keeping me from eating enough and I was also weak from that. Such an awful feeling--hope you start to feel better soon!

Hi Shelly I hope you have your dizzy spells under control and your still revering well!

Hi Shelly! Long time no see ... are you still here? Are you doing ok? Maybe you are just too tired to log in and post, I've had days like that, esp. in the early days. This recovery is a roller coaster, and there isn't much we can do about it. Hope you are getting lots of rest and gentle therapy, and feeling good.

Check in when you can, we like to keep up with our chicks!! :heehee:

Big hugs coming your way .... :friends:

Hi Shelly,
Haven't been in BS much in the past two weeks, read through your thread just now. Hope you are doing well and life is getting back to normal for you!
Heidi

Hi Shelley, nice to see you, I was reading Heidi's thread and saw that you had visited. How are you doing now? Everything good? I go tomorrow so it'll be a few days before I'm back probably. Take care and come visit my post op thread soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom