TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, Brenda!! Way to go!
PS - if you happen to find my stamina lying around someplace, tell it to come home, I miss her.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Great Brenda!!!
There comes a time when life becomes your PT. It sounds like you're there. :dancy: !!!

That sounds great. I have managed to stand for up to 3 hours so far. Walking is still causing the knee cap issue and some pain. I am working through it at PT.

You have taken control girl

Legin THR Sep 14

I can't believe how good the knee feels, it's like someone turned on a switch. I still have IT band pain and pray that it will go away at some point so I'm going to focus on stretching and building up my muscles again! The gym I joined has a workout pool but due to my work schedule I can only go on Saturday's. I would be there today but I have a salon appointment for my hair and a pedi. Since my knee surgery I need someone to do my toes as I don't have that ROM yet but it's all good as I rather enjoy it!!

Brenda

Great report.

Last month I had to limit myself to a couple extra activities a day but now I have to tell myself to go sit down as I have been up long enough to get tired. My knee is okay, it is the rest of me that needs the break!

3 months out gets good. 4 months might be awesome!

16 weeks postoperative and I feel good! I actually went to the gym for the first time and did 15 minutes on the bike, a new record for me. I'm going to meet with a trainer who is going to work out a routine for me to help build up the knee as well as the rest of my body.
I look back just a few weeks ago when I was depressed that I was not improving and can't believe how just a couple of more weeks of recovery have made all the difference, so for those that are struggling just hang in there, it really does get better :)

Brenda

You deffo deserve the yellow jersey lass.

Legin THR Sep 14

Great news!!! I know when I had pt was rough!!! Xxxx

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015

This is great news. I hope your trainer puts together a good plan to keep you moving forward.

I knew it would get better for you. Its just a little like a roller coaster for a while. Today was my last PT session. So glad for that. I was measured at only 105 but I am not too worried about it. I feel confident that I will gain a little more ROM.......in time. I'm sure the trainer will really know how to help you strengthen & bend that knee. Good luck to you.

Great news Brenda!! Oh, I showed your pretty basket weave to my PT and she did a great job copying it!! Thanks for the pic. Problem was, the tape wasn't very sticky so my pants curled up all the edges ... then when I was sleeping last night, the covers pulled almost the rest off. So, I think I'm heading out to buy some on my own and do the same pattern. I don't know if it was my imagination, but my knee did feel better while it was on. Thanks again, and congrats on being 16 weeks and biking away..gives me hope!

Glad to be of help, did the PT wipe your leg with alcohol before applying the tape? If not, then try that before you apply it and it will stick better. It wasn't your imagination the tape does help!! I may get some as I apparently over did it at the gym and my knee is swollen. Keep up the great work, you're doing great.

Brenda

I too got taped to try to help the knee cap pain. Alas, it only helped some. Getting it off was a challenge. We guys don't shave our legs, so I got the old hair rip experience,

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Getting prepped to move on the 28th is wrecking havoc on my knee. Very stiff and swollen so tomorrow will strictly be a rest and elevate day. The only real issue I still experience is the IT band pain that strikes every so often. Can't wait for that to go away!

Brenda

It's so great to read about your progress. You're a couple months ahead of me so I see good things in my future!

Roxie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks