Biomet Vanguard System? Golfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkasten

Hi all,
My name's Frank. Yesterday I scheduled a full knee replacement of my left knee for April 1. I'm 61, 6'4" and weigh 265. My surgeon will be using the Biomet Vanguard Knee. It seems to be a proven product and my surgeon's been using it for some time. Is there anything in particular I should know about it? I'm an active golfer who's been hobbled for a while now and my game has definitely suffered. Does anyone have experience with how long I should estimate before I can take advantage of my new higher handicap? Thanks for any info.

Hello, Frank, and welcome to the forum. Can't speak on your handicap but if you read around I think you will find a wealth of information about how quickly you can expect to get back on your feet.

As for the prosthesis, pretty much all that are around and in regular use at this time are tried and tested products with a good track records. I hope there are some golfers on here that can answer your specific questions.

BTW - what is your handicap?

I used to be a 12 but I ballooned to a 16 last year as my leg bothered me more and more. I'd love to play my buddies painfree at a 16!! I'll make some money for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back