@kathi777, Hi, Lene' again, I am 12 weeks BTKR, I am doing fine now....but the first few weeks although doable are gonna be rougher than you think. I am not trying to scare you..like I said
you can do this,

but getting up from a sitting position or from the bed to stand is very taxing for the first couple weeks after BTKR. I was pretty strong going in and still had trouble. I also could carry 40lbs of dog food pretty easily before surgery, but for the first two weeks, I couldn't lift much more than myself let alone any carrying weight. There are a lot of us on BS that have had Bilateral TKR, and I read everyone's thread that I could but..... you don't know what you don't know. TKR is tough! I think Bilateral is tougher...! That said once it is done, you just have to get through it, and it IS worth it in the long run but it is not a "walk in the park". Lots of people go right home after TKR and BTKR, I did not...I went to rehab I was in the hospital for 6 days and rehab for 7. I am glad I went to rehab for two reasons, one it took alot of stress off my hubby having to take care of me at home. Two, while I could take care of myself mostly, if I felt rotten, then I didn't have too, all I had to do is push that button and someone would come an help me out. Also, sleeping is tough right after BTKR, you can ONLY sleep on your back, a hospital bed was the best for that!
There was someone on here that had BTKR I think it was TCJTeacher, she seemed to have a GREAT recovery and was happy right from the get go...Me, not so much and I thought I was as prepared as anyone. Now I am doing pretty good I think for 3mos out, I feel pretty normal, I can now roll over in bed and sleep on my side but it took me many weeks before I got out of the recliner and back in the bed and have really only been comfortable for a couple weeks. Again, I am NOT trying to scare you, just being realistic. That said, everyone is different and you may do way better than I did..(lots have, LOL)

You can do this and it is way better than the pain you are experiencing now!! Good Luck, keep coming here for support...
Blessings,
Lene'