THR BigD’s recovery thread

Good luck working on your weight @Fatherdano. After my knee and hip replacement I have found it much easier to loose weight, it really helped to be mobile again. My appetite never really fully recovered after my THR (a good thing really!) add much more movements to my days and I've slowly dropped 30 pounds over the past year.

Hello @Fatherdano Happy Five Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re doing well. Have a wonderful weekend!

Hard to believe 22 weeks.

I admire all of you who have been thru multiple hips and revisions and still persevere to get better!
I’m sure all are not as fortunate as some with Drs and PTs and post surgery help etc.

So thank you all for listening to me blather. It sounds like I’ve had it easy compared to others.
My advice to anyone who has been told they need a hip replacement is Don’t Wait.

Find a good Dr and get it done ✅ ASAP. Waiting will cause you more problems.

AVN was my diagnosis for both hips. My right hip is starting to give me those signals that I got on the left side....

My lower back is quite sore, I’m hoping it my mattress, buying a
New
One
This weekend. Not sure my wife can handle another hip replacement lol.

Hello folks

I have a few questions concerning my ongoing recovery.

is there a certain type of massage that will help with soreness around incision site?
Does anyone have any experience with working out on a VersaClimber?

I just completed my 35th climb and so far so good. I’m still sore daily and my back has not gotten better. In fact I’m down to 1.5 mile walks cause it hurts
My back.
Thanks all. Hope everyone is doing well!

is there a certain type of massage that will help with soreness around incision site?

Hello Fatherdano,
I am not familiar with a Versa Climber, so I’m unable to help you there, but I will tag my colleague @CricketHip who is involved in therapeutic massage to see if she can answer your question regarding massage. I’m sorry you’re still dealing with a sore back. I do hope you find relief.
Happy holidays to you!

@Fatherdano Hello! :wave: In answer to your question in regards to a massage for help easing soreness around your incision scar, well, there are several different approaches-- dependant on what you are presenting with.
Any decent LMT that has experience with scar therapy or maybe myofascial release can help do wonders for that issue.
I recommend signing up for a weekly or bi weekly massage for several weeks if you can manage that. It would most likely help your back, hips and legs adjust to working together, especially if you enjoy the Versa Climber for exercise.
If you don't have a LMT that you know or have used in the past, the best way to find one is to ask people you know or research LMT's with their own practice. This isn't a case of no pain, no gain, just as BoneSmart advises with PT. It's a good rule of thumb for everything in life, right? :) :)

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks