Big weekend Shindig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newwoman

senior
Hi Family,
Well I have a great weekend ahead because the school my husband and I graduated from Bishop Flaget is having a fund raiser auction called Festival Mexicana. I have capri pants and a peasant top picked out(the girls will understand)but I can't wear my pretty heels only flats. What a bummer right? Every girl wants to wear heels because we all know that makes you look thinner.
I have to get over this stickin cold so I can go and have some fun. At least the girls all got babysitters so I won't be at home watching kids. yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Cath

Cath, that sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to get you out exercising and showing off that new knee. When I met a group of my friends last night for dinner it was such an upper. I think they thought I'd be limping. They all wanted to see the scar. They were so supportive (just like everyone here) and it really helps. Rest, drink fluids, chicken soup and you'll be ready to PARTY!!! ...Jamie

Sounds like a lot of fun. You don't need to look any thinner, you already lost a ton of weight, wear flats and be comfortable, you will enjoy the day better. Sorry about your cold, feel better soon.

Thanks girls I will Jamie when is your birthday? We have already found out that I'm on May 9 and I will be 56 and am older than several other forum members. So I have decided to take on the role of Big Sis. I think some of the forum topics need me as bigsis.
Love ya
Cath

I have you all beat in years. I will turn 60 this September 22nd. The "oldster" of the group, I guess!! We can take turns being the bigsis if you like! I frankly don't feel that age AT ALL!!

It does sound like fun and I wish I could go with you. My weekend will be dog training, house cleaning, laundry... but I am jazzed I can do all that now!!

me too, skeet! Before surgery, cleaning was painful (but I did it anyway)....with every week, it's becoming less painful and I'm really enjoying that. I LOVE to clean. I'm sick!

Lil Sis you will be with me cause I'll take a picture and post it on Sunday and it will be just like you were there.
The bad thing is I can't drink if I want to take my drugs and I love to dance and I think they will have music. I will have to just enjoy watching. I don't think I can afford to bid on anything as the tickets were 50.00 each who can bid after that you know................
I don't think I will have any sick grandkids tomorrow so that's good I can rest up for the party. The doctor called in a z-pack so it won't go into a sinus infection.
We must have weather coming thru Ohio cause my knee has killed me yesterday and today. I skipped therapy today as I can barely breathe I didn't think I'd have enough air to scream when they put me in the torture chair to bend my knee.
Cath

Cath, there is a front coming through and my knee again announced it's coming today! It is supposed to start major thunderstorms here in Kansas City tonight and go on all day tomorrow. I'm sure that will move right on up your way! Sorry!

But see. From my perspective, you can name the four Beatles..You know the term hippie, communist, sputnik, and T.V. dinners...That to me carries more weight than all of the 20 year old coeds at F.S.U.
And what the heck is a peasant top..I've got the capri things. They are "peddle pushers". Remember those??

Dougie, Dougie, DougLAS!....so when you say "I've got the capri things.", do you wear them with a crop top or your usual wife beater?
(a wife beater is a man's tank top t-shirt)

Patti, I actually saw a man wearing capris today. I had never seen that before..I stopped and started laughing. He looked at me, huffed and walked away.
If you ever meet me and see me in those pants, please hit me in the head with a cast iron skillet. I only wear the tanks to the gym or beach..

Could you find a way to break that sucker up as it's giving my tree trunk of a leg a fit.
Cath

Okay, Cath....we'll take the hit for you and try and get some of the punch outta that storm!!! At this point they are forecasting everything - rain and snow! Hope that last part is not true!!! The flowers are just getting nice.

Hi Guys,
A peasant top is a blouse that has elastic around the neckline and is short sleeved and kind of looks like something worn in Mexico. I do remember all those things lil bro and do you remember "Father Knows Best" I loved that show. I was in Sister Mary Eustela's classroom when we received word that Pres. John F Kennedy was shot and killed.
I grew up with no air conditioning in the car or the house. I can remember my dad working trick work and having to sleep on the linolium floor in the kitchen by our back door with the screen door open because every other place in the house was too hot.
I remember the stores being closed on Sundays and taking a drive after Sunday Mass to go get ice cream and sitting in the car in downtown people watching.
Cathy

Sort of hard to think that today's kids will look back fondly on rap music, texting on cell phones, body piercings and tatoos as the "good old days." Oh, WAIT!!! They'll STILL probably have those tatoos, saggy as they will be when they get old! Payback! I prefer our memories and music, thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LeonGirl
Recent bookmarks
Back