THR Bickypeg's new hip

Strangely I find it easier going anti clockwise than clockwise!

Silly girl....you make me laugh every time, without fail. :heehee:

Inquiring minds want to know what kind of bathtub you have that everyone wants to use it? Is this the same bathtub borrower as last time? :bath:
It sounds like she's in rough shape. Hopefully you got her cleaned up, relieved her pain, shared some of your endearing humor and she's feeling like a new woman. :fingersx:

Love the pretty leaf colors out your window. I'll bet it's beautiful when the sun shines through the leaves. Everything seems prettier when its sunny. I hope you get to enjoy some sun soon, yourself. Rain, rain, go away! :SUNsmile:
Hugs :loveshwr:
@bickypeg

I only tell the truth @Layla ! I can't help it if my life is comical! :rotfl:
Our bath is very lovely as the cleaner scrubs it every fortnight even though no one uses it! How I long to!
Poor Stephanie. They're in rented accommodation which is old and tiny but has only a shower. And sometimes a long soak is the only thing. (Apparently she's had some soup and hummus tonight so she must be improving)
The photo was from the cafe window but I've just realised the river isn't shown. Anyone know the name of the pretty tree? They have leather armchairs in there now, I'll be sure to bag one next time. Good coffee but the Rocky Road cake was too much like what it sounds! I gave the very hard bits to the ducks.

Well done! I love the clockwise anti clockwise debate. When I was recovering at home I had headphones on and was walking between the kitchen and conservatory to music “marching” in time. I timed it by minutes rather than steps. My husband thought it was hilarious particularly as I kept breaking into song !

@SurreyGirl that must have cheered up the postman! (or Amazon delivery man? Realised the other day my granddaughter has never seen a postman) I get too bored doing minutes. With steps I can go faster and make it more exciting. I listen to Classic FM to do the ball rolling against the wall although it's hard work if it's Ride of the Valkyries...

Hello and a Happy Friday to you! :wave:
Yahoo for no painkillers, awesome news :yes!:

I only tell the truth @Layla ! I can't help it if my life is comical! :rotfl:

Your truth is real, heartwarming and often makes me smile....or chuckle.

Perfect example below :heehee:

Good coffee but the Rocky Road cake was too much like what it sounds! I gave the very hard bits to the ducks.

Love those places where you can sit in a comfy chair with a good coffee in hand and people watch. Wish we could do it together some time, bickypeg, we'd have fun. :yes:

A wonderful weekend to you!

Attachments

• z-bom-fim-de-semana31.gif
    z-bom-fim-de-semana31.gif
    131.2 KB · Views: 259
I love reading about your days @bickypeg You are a gifted writer and story teller.

:bath:How lovely that you saved a friend with a nice soak in the tub! Painkiller free!! Wow. You are brave or dare I say healing. Clockwise or counterclockwise that is the question. You know all of us tomorrow who are still furniture surfing will be trying to see if there is a difference.

There is a perfect hight stool at our local coffee shop that I’ve seriously coveted. Your bagging idea sounds like just the ticket. Lol, how would I maneuver out with the stool and my cane? Something else to ponder.

Thank you @Fit4Family ! What a lovely thing to say. But it's my therapy, and only possible on good old Bonesmart. Where else could I witter on and offload my feelings and anxieties? There's no one else I can talk to without being needy or boring.
I am fortunate in that things seem to be improving but I also wonder if I'll ever be right. Is this as good as it gets at 70? But then I can also use Bonesmart as a diary and look back and see how far I've come. And be thankful. Hope you are soon sitting on the best chairs in the best coffee shops in the US and feeling smug.:flwrysmile:

Just caught up on your thread @bickypeg
you’ve given me some belly laughs, for sure!!

Glad that you’ve got through with no painkillers this week & found the perfect spot in the coffee house! I love costa coffee but find the chairs very uncomfortable...still!!!

I cannot go anti-clockwise ... don’t think it’s my body but my mind....

Loving your anecdotal style of your listing your recovery....great to read...you are so right about BS ... it’s the only place you can feel safe & happy during recovery to express how you feel.

You will love Beyond The Barricades... saw them a few times at Worthing ... great show! Hope hubby enjoys it too!

Hoping this rain eases off soon... before we float away.

Love Chrissie xx❤️❤️❤️

Ditto on BS @bickypeg It truly is the only place to ruminate about all things hips. I’ve asked my friends to stop asking, as it is too depressing to make my slow recovery the only topic of conversation. I too hope we can both look smart in our coffee house chairs soon without any lingering hip pain.

Happy Saturday!

Pleased you like Ali. She is very special. A sore muscle can like heat but ice for inflammation or trauma. Sometimes you have to try and see. I had a checkup with my consultant and he gently told me I wouldn’t be an athlete at least twice. As our bodies move around and we become more active different bits become under pressure whilst the hip glides away silently.

I am catching up on your thread @bickypeg and enjoyed it very much!
I'm thinking about your clockwise vs. counterclockwise comment.. it reminds me of show horses in the ring. Some horses would refuse to go in one of the directions.. usually turned out to be soreness on the leg that would be on the inside of the ring. it takes more pressure.
:horseriding: But maybe iin your case you just don't like going in one direction, more than the other.
The news about no painkillers was fantastic news! I see a lot of promise in that.
I hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend and that it is dry!

I've no wish to be an athlete @Apricot nor ever did! What a strange thing to say to lovely ladies of a certain age! Or did you express a desire for mountain biking or showjumping?
I've seen Beyond The Barricade several times @Hoppy Nanny it was always a pre Christmas treat with my sister and friends, so it was lovely to catch up with them (particularly liked the young girl) and also to revisit an activity I did when I was normal.Sister is in Spain at the moment where it's NOT raining.
Lovely day yesterday at a National Trust house which I visited 12 months ago and again this spring. Both times it was so much easier going up and down those Tudor stairs and round the gardens which was lovely. Extra special as widowed son came for the first time in 8 years since he was last there with his wife. He can be lured anywhere with the promise of some time with his niece! (Think she's saving him @Layla )
Having dreadful disturbed nights again however and even A Yorkshire Shepherdess on Audible couldn't soothe me (but I now know how to treat a horse with choke @CricketHip !) Feeling stiff and a bit achey this morning. New mattress? Though it would be the 4th one...or husband speeding back on the bendy road (from Haworth to Hebden @Apricot!) Trying to be cheerful although its still wet. I just want to eat lots of carbs...

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_162321871.jpg
    IMG_20191012_162321871.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_20191012_192856_801.jpg
    IMG_20191012_192856_801.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20191012_192411_356.jpg
    IMG_20191012_192411_356.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 263
Loved seeing your photos this morning! Such an adorable little girl. :roseshwr:
It's good to hear about your adventures, even though your weather remains wet.
Enjoy your remainder of the weekend.

Great news you're noticing how navigating the stairs and grounds at the National Trust house gets easier with each visit following THR. I'll bet it gives you a great feeling of gratitude making this recovery biz worthwhile because of the progress you've made, dear bickypeg.

Your sons must have a great love for you given the time they spend with you. And that precious little chubby cheeked cherub too! I can relate to your comment about your widower sons inability to refuse an opportunity to spend time with that sweet baby girl. I'm sure she's a bright light in his life after his loss as is my brothers grandson who thankfully arrived 11 months after his wife's sudden and untimely passing. The child was the only person who could put a smile on his face for a fairly long time. Who can resist cuddling a soft sweet scented baby or young child? As they grow, their innocence and hilarious spontaneity are certainly a draw also.

I'm sorry for the restless nights you're having. Hopefully that eases soon. I'll bet the achy stiffness of this morning has worn off as the day has progressed. It seems many of us, of a certain age, feel like the Tin Man in the morning. Thankfully most often wakefulness, some movement and lots of coffee helps.
Wishing you a peaceful evening and a good night's sleep!
@bickypeg

Hi, there @bickypeg Sounds like thing continue to move along slowly, but a trip to wander around a beautiful and historic garden and grounds sounds lovely. And that baby--oh, my goodness--she is so adorable! I can see why she'd be enough to lure anyone out to visit and play with her.

We visited a historic house this weekend during our birthday/wine getaway weekend in eastern Washington. It was an old Victorian house of one of the town's notable citizens, and it was fun although the staircase was so steep and the woman in charge of the place, while a wealth of information, talked at us for the better part of 30+ minutes. I was dying! I can't stand for a long period of time and I finally, perhaps rudely but necessary, grabbed a nearby chair and plopped onto it, keeping my eyes glued to her face the entire time so she didn't think I was being crass. Another couple finally came in and she seized on them, offering my husband and I an opportunity to escape and head off into the house to explore.

Sorry you're experiencing disturbed sleep, that sounds miserable and must be hard during the day when you become aware of how restless sleep isn't restful at all. When I am exhausted, as I was every night this weekend, I am still able to fall asleep pretty easily and I slept 8+ hours every night which was great. At least you are doing with no or less painkillers--that is a good thing, right? This recovery business just drags on relentlessly, doesn't it? Hope today went well, and a good week ahead for you--cheers!

Nice to hear from you @Barbaraj glad you're out and about. It does us all good. I know the feeling - much too soon for you to be concentrating and standing for a long period especially at only 3 months. Glad you had the sense to sit down! It does us no favours to put on a brave face when we aren't comfortable.
We were abroad for a long time @Layla and even when back in the UK my husband was away for long periods so we did become very close as a family and then of course a shared tragedy binds you even closer. But there was always room in their lives for lots of good friends, girlfriends and eventually wives of course. Still hoping for some more babies to dandle on my knee before I'm even more decrepit!
Slept better and longer last night after a day's babysitting but definitely felt like the Tin Man this morning! Have wondered before if the disturbed night wasn't a good thing and a lot of wriggling suited me best! Also looking back on Facebook memories down the years - every October had me complaining about insomnia!

Don't sell yourself short, dear bickypeg, you've nurtured them in a way they still want to come home. Tragedy can work both ways we often hear, binding relationships, or tearing them apart, so thankfully it knit you all closer. I hope you realize your dream of more grandbabies soon as you seem hopelessly devoted to that little angel and obviously have a lot of love to offer.

So maybe babysitting is the ticket for a good night's sleep. I know it can wear me out somedays. It feels like you're in constant motion doing something. Interesting on the October insomnia. Wondering if it has something to do with the seasons / weather changing with you?
Wishing you sweet dreams for the week! :sleeep:
@bickypeg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom