THR Bickypeg's new hip

The boys move out but seem to have left three quarters of their stuff behind!!

Isn't that the truth? :heehee: How does that happen? The old "I'll be back to get that later" and later never comes!
You end up demanding they come and get it or you'll toss it, or you schlep it over to their place yourself. :gaah:
Kids....gotta love em. I hated when they moved out and love when they come to visit. However, I don't miss picking up after them.

I hope you have a great Friday and weekend. We have a long holiday weekend here in the states. Then it's back to school for the kiddos.
Hugs :friends:
@bickypeg

Oh no you've misunderstood me! I was worried about my having to put on socks and shoes instead of sandals! No sexism here - my boys are no less tidy than their girlfriends/wives! In fact they've always been fairly good. Glasses, mugs and beer bottles often left in strange places I admit! It's just the amount of stuff! 3 guitars and even a clarinet in the attic @fanny23 And I don't remember any of them ever playing anything! I've had a cull of dvds for the charity shop anyway especially the horror ones as they mostly seem to watch stuff online. Who knew there were so many Friday 13th movies?! We'll get there eventually.
Nice day babysitting yesterday and actually managed a dirty nappy! She's very obliging and scrambled up onto the sofa and lay on her mat for me. No lifting. Though I was a bit sad when she came crying to me and held her arms up to be picked up and I had to say I couldn't but we managed a low level cuddle instead.
Down on steps the last 2 days as I went to the cinema the previous day. Sweet little film called Blinded by the Light. Can recommend.

Awww, @bickypeg...how sweet that your baby actually cooperated with diaper changing. Hefting children is hard and I'm sure seeing her hold her arms up for a cuddle, knowing you couldn't pick her up, was sad. Still, bending down it sounds like you got in a good and satisfying snuggle. And congrats on the continued de-cluttering of the house! Isn't it satisfying to fill up a boxes and bags of stuff? I may tackle a pile of paperwork in my study today which is always threatening to topple over. Hope you have a great day.

I sympathise with you @bickypeg re cuddling your granddaughter, I have had the same issue with my grandson (nearly 3). He can't understand why I can't pick him up. I have tried getting down to his level, then found I couldn't get up properly - both he and my dog thought this was a great game, unfortunately my knees did not! I'm actually finding that my knees and back are more bother than my hip which seems to have healed well.

I wouldn't dare get on the floor @fanny23 And I still use my grabber to pick things up (which she really enjoys!) But she can climb onto the sofa now with a little bit of help although it's not instant comfort obviously.
My knees are better than they were and I hope they continue to improve as everything else gets stronger. They have to take a lot of the strain from dodgy hips.

Ha, ha, @bickypeg I am imagining your granddaughter watching in fascination as you snatch things up from the ground with your grabber. I can well imagine she thinks that is really a fun thing to do! Glad to read that your knees are better, and that improvement overall is slow, it is edging towards greater strength and flexibility and less pain. It's just a slow and sometimes wearying process--but you're going to get there! Have a great Monday!

I'll bet the sweet pea really enjoys your grabber it if it makes a little squeaky noise as mine does when it engages.:heehee:

Great news that your knees are less achey. Possibly it's the walking you've been doing lately? You know the old saying "motion is lotion". There's obviously some truth to that.

I hope you're enjoying the day so far, have a great evening!
@bickypeg

A good week as far as entertainment goes. Two straight days of babysitting so lots of fun with the little one and enough cuddles and singing to get the endorphins working as natural painkillers. But aches and pains on and off all yesterday especially knees and the good hip's ankle which hasn't been a problem for a long time. Ice, rest and painkillers sorted it but still alarming. Too long in the car? Wearing very flat shoes? Sleeping on back? Tidying house? Sigh...
Thought about the cinema this morning for the Tarantino but it's nearly 3 hours! And eldest says it's very violent at the end. Saw Yesterday on Saturday - another nice feel-good movie and it's what I want these days. I'd forgotten just how good Beatles songs were! Went down to the village yesterday but I got a lift down and back.Really couldn't face the climb although I managed to get my 5000 steps in. Had a really nasty coffee and a surly waitress who wiped the table with some strong smelling stuff when I was scoffing my indifferent brownie. So rude. But the 2 nice cafes were closed! Saw a few people to chat to - always such a thrill these days!l
Much cooler today but fine and bright so definitely a nice stroll somewhere. Will have to wear my comfy sandals though and be resigned to cold toes!
Hope everyone is improving- I'll check your threads in a bit. Having a Goldilocks morning - not a comfortable chair in the house! Must keep moving...

Attachments

• IMG_20190903_140737272_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190903_140737272_HDR.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 238
Oh I was doing many more than that in early July. What a dope I was! But I know better now. But it was so lovely walking along the beach or around the gardens of stately homes with no discomfort and in sunshine. Very hard to know when to stop when it's fun. Hope I've learned to be sensible...:heehee:

Well, @bickypeg, you know this recovery process is a bit of ebb and flow, and some days are better than others. I know it's probably frustrating when you have a stiff and painful day, and you're struggling to think what caused that. I have just decided, rather than making myself crazy trying to figure out what happened, to just accept that some days are better than others, but I have to keep moving ahead. You don't sound like you're doing anything "crazy" and getting out and about, seeing friends, coffee and goodies at the café, caring for the grands--all are nice, fun and NORMAL activities that can wear us out. I think a nice stroll today sounds like a wonderful choice. Yes, be sensible and don't push yourself too hard, but sunshine, fresh air and movement are all good things! Enjoy your day. PS I can't remember the last time I did 5000 steps!

Aww, I see that little cutie pie's face in the reflection on the glass as you're about to enjoy that confection.
Looks like a peaceful setting to sit and be entertained by a littles kid speak. Hopefully you enjoyed every minute, I'll bet she loves you to pieces.

Too long in the car? Wearing very flat shoes? Sleeping on back? Tidying house? Sigh...

I think all of these things could contribute to achy stiffness. Especially flat shoes if you're meaning little to no support.

The movie Yesterday sounds interesting as I love the Beatles music too. Tarantino movies usually leave me scratching my head. For every person I've heard say they liked Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, another has said they didn't. So I haven't felt too eager to see it. A violent ending turns me off though, I will admit that.

It seems you're doing well with your walks and good for you on the 5000 steps! I hope you enjoyed today's walk and have a great evening!
@bickypeg

Happy Monday, @bickypeg And how are you doing today? I hope you had a good weekend and maybe got out for a few planned distractions. It was a rainy and dreary weekend here on the west coast of the USA, with a massive thunder and lightening storm on Saturday night, quite spectacular. I know fall is really here--sniff, sniff--but I hope we'll be able to eke out a few more sunny and warmer days before the gloomy weather sets in. Cheers!

Here we are and it's Wednesday already. Youngest son whatsapped merrily that it's only 100 days to Christmas and there are already Christmas things in the shops! We've had some horrible cold wet and gloomy mornings @Barbaraj making me feel depressed as I get the winter woolies out and think of the long dark and dreary months ahead but then we've also had some lovely sunny afternoons and evenings. It's very odd.
Babysitting again on Friday which was lovely and then the weekend spent trying to get some of the house straight, hanging curtains, sorting beds, moving furniture (some of the boys came round, not me!) and getting slightly frustrated when husband doesn't do exactly what I want when it's obviously the right way...then dusting etc and sorting through a lot of no. 2 son's documents, uni stuff, bank statements etc. Lots of notes for short stories he started so will remind him of these if he wants to try writing again. Another trip to the charity shop where I was referred to as 'this young lady ' by a lovely gent...
Health wise still lots of niggles that come and go - when I feel down they loom large, when I cheer up they seem less important. Lost a filling today which was tiresome but fortunately the dentist was able to sort it straight away.
Quite a good day yesterday with no painkillers but then achey when I got up and so had some paracetamol. Left ankle still feels weak and rather painful especially if I walk round in bare feet but I try to wriggle it about a bit and remember heel toe walking. Wish I had more stamina -the 5000 steps are only in fits and starts @HoppyNanny. Sometimes feel I'll never be quite right but then I remember I now pop in and out of the shower (which has a step up) without even thinking about it...so there is constant improvement I think even if it's just tiny achievements.
Discovered Poldark on Netflix - had read the books years ago and seen the 1970s series - it's very entertaining and Ross Poldark is good enough to eat...5 series so that will brighten up the longer evenings!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190911-182647.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911-182647.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 240
One Hundred days until Christmas! The countdown begins. I've noticed some seasonal decor in the stores already as well as mail order catalogs with Christmas decor landing in my mailbox. I'd like to get through Autumn first, at least for another month or two. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold here, or there, too soon. You seemed to be doing well on your outdoor walks. With any luck you'll be able to squeeze a few more in.

It sounds as though you're doing a deep thorough cleaning of your home. I'll bet it feels good! Staying engaged may keep your mood up and health niggles at bay. Hopefully you can spend some time with the lil cupcake cutie pie again soon. @bickypeg

Oh yeah! I agree, that guy is easy on the eyes for sure. Always been attracted to those dark moody (bad boy) types. :heehee:

I loved Poldark! He actually made me forget all about Jamie (Outlander) :heehee:
You sound like you are making progress, both in your home and with your hip. I wanted to mention that I feel issues in my ankle and foot, too. I understand it but I still don't like having them!
You are so right about the small victories and we need to remember those victories when we are feeling blue or impatient.
@bickypeg does your country get a nice autumn with dry air and sunshine? We usually do here in the states, I love fall weather.

Is it your old or new foot/ankle that's troublesome for you @CricketHip ? It's my old one which is why I'm a bit worried. But I know there's a bit of nerve damage in both according to the podiatrist. Don't quite know what that means.
We can have lovely crisp autumn days in October especially but we can never predict really. Probably drier and crisper in the east of the country. We're in a valley up on the edge of the Pennines so often misty and damp. There's a reason why there are so many reservoirs around here! But on the edge of Bronte country if you want to be romantic and the moors can be very lovely.

I hope to visit your area someday, it sounds lovely!! Just the word "moors" makes me swoon. :roseshwr:

It's my "new foot" so it's not helpful to your situation.. so sorry! I think any Dr that mentions nerve damage better be prepared to expand on that statement!!

You live on the edge of Bronte country, @bickypeg? That is very romantic, I think. I live--heavy sigh--in a distinctly unromantic but practical suburban neighborhood. I bet it's lovely in the fall. Sorry that your ankles are aching a bit, but keep on walking and strengthening those muscles and I'm guessing eventually all these nagging symptoms will be resolved and you'll be feeling great. It has been a slow recovery, but you are truly doing well--just keep focusing on the positive, like getting into your shower without thinking about it. Though it's perhaps a small thing, recovery is full of small and unremarkable improvements which, taken all together, should convince us that despite our feelings to the contrary sometimes, we ARE making progress--onwards!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom