THR Bickypeg's new hip

Wow!! I haven't managed that or shaving my legs in 5 years!! (I'm not a gorilla, hubby puts cream hair remover on for me - no way would I let him near me with toenail clippers let alone a razor!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband has been shaving my legs and trimming my toenails. It took a while to trust but he hasn't nicked me once. I'm allergic to the cream hair removers so it was that or look like Chewbacca (RIP).

Husband has been cutting toenails. Not very well and not a pleasant job poor soul. I've never been hairy thank goodness though now I have to keep a close watch on my upper lip and chin which is very depressing!

@Apricot I've seen the chiropodist at the other end of town. Very pleasant and well qualified but it was quite expensive and she said she thought I had chilblains and possibly athletes foot which I think was wrong. And couldn't advise on suitable footwear although she said Ruby Shoesday were good. Have you seen their prices?! But she did find the pulse in my foot which the hospital registrar couldn't locate over a year ago. Before I saw the cardiovascular man.

Thanks @Mojo333 ! I'm trying to be more adventurous (but sensible) since the big 3 months anniversary! Sitting on unsuitable chairs and going out without my stick sometimes. Might even have a go at sleeping on my side...:yikes:

:giggle: Wild one, you are.
All done with pretty toes!

It was well into month four before I could get on my side to sleep...hope it happens for you sooner.:yes:

Getting a bit stir crazy so we drove out to visit my first stately home since last October. Was very enjoyable but we'd forgotten how far away the top car park was from the house and how many steps down with no hand rail! But going back would have been impossible. Fortunately OH was able to drive down and collect me when we'd finished sightseeing. More steps in the house of course and I was edgy by this time but managed to get around and admire though less enthusiastically than usual. Was also laughing at the cost : £7.50 for an OAP annual ticket, 75p when we first visited...
Made me realise how difficult it is for permanently disabled in this country. Nowhere is truly accessible especially public transport. This will be my next big task, to get on a bus or a train. But not for a long while.

Attachments

• 20190507_114156.jpg
    20190507_114156.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20190507_133505_832.jpg
    IMG_20190507_133505_832.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 20190507_113805.jpg
    20190507_113805.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 211
That is quite something! Glad you had a nice day out, even modified outings are worth it for a change of scenery. I find it shocking how prices for activities just keep going up. For a family it is near impossible now to afford things like the science museum, the zoo, etc. here.

Looks great.. glad you enjoyed it... I do think like that too @bickypeg how awful to have a permanent disability... just not catered for anywhere...
My first journey on a train will be May 29th... from Chichester to London Victoria ..will see how that goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aha @Hoppy Nanny I've been on your posh Southern trains when son was at Guildford! People sitting on the lovely carpeted floor when it was busy!! Couldn't believe my eyes! We still have the 80s Pacer trains here. Oh boy are they filthy, shabby and uncomfortable! You'll have a lovely trip. My only trip might be plunging onto the platform...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190507-155144.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-155144.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 205
I am worried that might be mine too @bickeypeg
Didn’t realise we had posh trains... just overcrowded!![emoji23][emoji849]

Happy you enjoyed your outing @bickypeg
Sending a hug and best wishes on your Three Month Anniversary! :happydance::yay::yes!:
May it only get better and better!

Oh ladies! As the hips continue to improve so the weight is piling on! It's not fair! Nibbling because I'm a bit bored? Too many cakes as a reward when I've ventured out and had a bit of exercise? The tummy bug lured me into a false sense of security. Down to 11 stone 4 :yes!: And now 11 stone 10! :tantrum:. Strange thing is clothes feel a little looser. Perhaps it's my muscles getting big and strong making me heavy. Yeah right. Any tips?
I tried Slimming World once. Like Alcoholics Anonymous but boring. Don't want to listen to fat ladies explaining their naughtiness for 2 hours.
:shrug:

Quite right about slimming clubs. I think weight gain happens for a while. You have to be a bit further on to be active enough to balance it.
I saw the other one too a couple of years ago. I wouldn’t go back. Buying shoes is hard when you’re a uk size 8. None in the local shoe shop for me fortunately. I usually buy a small range of brands online in sales. Ecco have an outlet where they are at least 40% off.

I was a Slimming World consultant for a few years & we used to have fun in our meetings too!!
I wish I could follow my own advice at the moment.... but any healthy eating plan works if you stick to it... it’s hard post op... I’ve 14lbs to lose.. lost 2lbs last week. Not auspicious but better than nothing.

Have you seen the Pinch of Nom healthy recipes ...? They have a website & are all calorie controlled & tasty...

Dieting is such a bore [emoji51][emoji51]

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member