THR Bickypeg's new hip

I did look it up as it sounded vaguely familiar. It's an SSRI about which I do have a few concerns (only because I was a psychiatric social worker decades ago and still have an interest in such things) and of course the big negative for me is the dry mouth side effect...
Took temperature first thing this morning and it was normal...:yes!:

@bickypeg
I’ve never suffered with a dry mouth but what they did is stop my mind chattering at night (I take mine around 9.30pm) and since I’ve taken them I actually get a night’s sleep. before every possible scenario used to plop into my mind... I’m never tired during the day.. in fact Ive more energy because I get a full night’s sleep. But, of course everyone is different.. but they changed my life on such a good way.

So glad your temperature is OK... onwards and upwards!!![emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I’ve always called that mind plopping thing, Mom-mind. Hoping you find relief. The one blessing of hip pain has been mind numbing exhaustion, no thoughts racing, just out cold. Until nature calls of course.

It's good to read your fever is gone @bickypeg
I hope you're having a good day so far.
Also hope you have a good visit with the doctor on Friday.
Until then...wishing you peace and comfort.
Hugs

A good week so far. Temperature totally and regularly normal so have put thermometer away. Haven't needed to nap and sleeping better. Dry mouth a bit at night but a quick drink of water and back to sleep. Sore incision no longer sore (possibly combination of seat belt and tightish jeans to blame?) Been out and about a lot - son's new house just to look and advise - and met old friends for coffee and cake and a long chat, and more coffee and cake in town yesterday. Slight worry about weight creeping up...
So long list for GP is shortening! Perhaps it's good to have a long wait after all!
Moved little hospital type trolley out of loo, got rid of humidifier and heat pad and also considering moving upstairs although I quite like my downstairs boudoir. Who needs a dining room anyway?
But I'm not being silly this time. Still going up and downstairs like a child, no stamina for lengthy walks and I think my muscles are weaker than might be expected at this stage. And my funny ankle is still odd. And there's no such thing as a really comfy chair or pair of shoes...

@bickypeg so glad your temp is and had remained normal! Hope you are enjoying your outings but yes, sometimes the seating us less than ideal. Take care and have a great day!

:goodpost:You sound fabulous, my friend.
Well done.
At only three months out from hip replacement, I think the shoes and sitting comfortably for very long were still issues for me...well I don't like shoes much anyway so...
Hope your weekends is sweet!

Hadn't seen Dr Hussain before. Very pleasant and reassuring. Basically I'm fine! He thought I might have Raynauds disease causing my blue toes but it wasn't a problem and he checked the circulation in my feet which was good and he explained how he knew. I told him about my other previous problems and he said come back straight away if they recurred. Didn't think my funny ankle was anything to worry about but he'd arrange for an X-ray if it got worse. Also he'd see me in a couple of months.Told him there was no aftercare post -THR which he agreed with and I said what a blessing Bonesmart had been!
So next time I'm moaning on here refer me back to this post please :yes!:

I love your last two posts, sweet bickypeg.
You sound wonderful! Feeling good begets more feeling good.
Going through the motions of putting away the thermometer, moving medical / Recovery Aids out of the bathroom and storing the humidifier, while all signs of feeling better, also psychologically move us forward in my opinion. You're acting like a well person. Getting out to town for coffee and cake twice, checking in on your son are all steps toward recapturing life.

It's great to read you're sleeping better, not as bothered by the dry mouth and your incision is no longer causing you discomfort. Experiencing two major surgeries within seven months and only 10 months out from the first, I'd say you're doing great!! Keep it up and enjoy the weekend.
@bickypeg

Well thankfully you got to see a dr, although a locum.
I think all the women gps who are currently permanent there are pretty good. I've been impressed with a couple but I've had to wait 4 weeks and booked it online. You could book yourself in for another visit in a month with one. See who's available now for next month. I think we need to ask for more than is offered to us. Arrange our own aftercare - ask them to review how you are doing. Certainly I found Ali very helpful in tracking my progress and monitoring and massaging the scar and underlying tissue. Couldn't have coped without that. You deserve to treat yourself to a few appointments for that and physical support. Although you do sound as if you are doing very well.
I think the way it works now at our local drs is the permanent drs put their appointments on and when they are gone (4 weeks in advance) there are none at all for about a week. Then the locums are put on for two weeks worth of appointments. One of which is now becoming a partner so that's one less there as S-M has just retired as well.
Its odd really we get less good results in the UK as a result of the nil aftercare. In France and Italy eg you get intensive physiotherapy in a residential setting for a couple of weeks and a different level of result is the expected norm. I believe there was a critical report done by the Royal College of Surgeons on the lack of aftercare in the UK a couple of years ago.
Forgive me for rambling, and you can tell ranting, about the inadequacy of local services. You have had major surgery twice quite quickly so I am just trying to be encouraging not annoying and irritating.

Glad that the Doctor was able to give you reassurance that all is well... it does rather take the pressure of our over active minds post THR.
Getting out & about with friends & advising on the new home must have been great...
I, too , am removing some of the aids but still like my ‘nest with pillows’
Great news @bickypeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got this my dear friend.:)
Just been through alot so give yourself a pass sometimes.
I'm glad things seem very hopeful and things will continue to improve.
Have a Good Weekend.:SUNsmile:

Awesome! Great accomplishment, @bickypeg
Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Whoop whoop!:yay:

So glad your temperature has gone and looks like you have turned another corner.... doing your own nails, brilliant! When was the last time you could do that ?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back