THR Bickypeg's new hip

Your weekend sounds exactly like something I would do. I get so excited, especially If it involves my kids & grand kids, that I loose all sense. I see you at least thought to eat out - I likely would tried a roast and 7 veg meal on top of it!
I am sorry you're feeling rough for it. Give yourself another couple of days to rest and ice and hopefully everything will be back to where you left off. :)

Oh my stars:sad:
Don't like to hear that you have set yourself back or feel bad.
I can't even scold you about you overdoing it...I certainly did it myself:unsure:
Please do take care and I'm sure if you go back to babying that hip, you will be back on track soon.
Healing mojo coming across the pond.

(And I finally got shoes:yes!:)

Beautiful family! Nice photos. You all look very happy @bickypeg
Its good to hear you feel any setback was worth the time you had with your family.
I hope today is brighter and you're feeling strong and well rested.
Happy Wednesday! :SUNsmile:

It's been an odd few days for me. Tried to be really good and sensible since my post Easter blip- pacing myself with activities and having morning naps. Sleeping reasonably well though a touch of the dry mouth again although not as bad. No backache on waking, walking fairly easily. Youngest gradually moving things out into his new home but role has been purely advisory, honest! Still feel a bit odd from time to time and can't explain quite how. Not exactly light headed but something like that? And sometimes feel there isn't enough oxygen?Anxiety? And then today woke up with a very sore spot on my incision especially when touched or rubbed by underwear or trousers. No swelling or redness though.Panicked of course and took my temperature on a baby thermometer which one sticks in one's ear and it was quite high. Panicked more. Read up on post THR hip infections. Yikes!! But later bought a grown-up thermometer and although temperature was up quite a bit it was soon back to normal after a couple of paracetamol. Also read only 2 out of a 1000 a year get infections in the UK and men and obese/diabetics are more prone. Still scared though. But seeing GP on Friday. Can I get through all my bizarre symptoms in 10 minutes I wonder?
:shrug:

oh @bickypeg the bizarre symptoms just go on & on don’t they! Just when you think it was all gone... wham ! Think everything in our bodies get upset but what is a very big op & you’ve had 2 in a short time!!!

My first THR I had everything..
plantar fasciitis, VPD in my eyes,
and so much more...
It’s just time for it all to settle...it will.. Sending hugs [emoji170][emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youngest gradually moving things out into his new home

Do you think this could be the cause for the anxiety, light-headedness and shortness of breath sensation?

Some drugs can induce a fever, if you don't have any other symptoms such as sore throat, ears etc,
Google any meds you're taking for side effects. Consider phoning the office of your GP and see if you can speak with a nurse who may be able to offer you some reassurance rather than worrying until Friday. Especially because you mentioned your fever was "quite high."

I hope you're feeling more like yourself soon. :console2:
@bickypeg

Thank you @Hoppy Nanny that's a comfort. My sister still has plantar fasciitis a year after her very successful THR. Did yours go in the end?
Don't think it's worry about the boy moving out @Layla as he's mostly been away since he was 18 and we'll probably see more of him now than previously but of course it is the end of an era. Something to bear in mind.
I'm back on paracetamol since Easter but not the full dose. And lots of vitamin d and b.
Sadly our GP practice is all over the place at the moment. Don't think I'd get much help from any of the nurses and you have to wait for weeks even for an advice call from a doctor. I'd be OK if it was really urgent but I don't think it is. But I'll see how the temperature is this evening and tomorrow. I don't feel feverish and I'm not sure what made me think of taking my temperature this morning.

Back home from the day's babysitting. I did nothing but read a couple of stories and sing her to sleep by the way! While youngest and girl friend took baby out they'd bought the oral thermometer and readings were within the normal range after the first one of 38.2. And getting home found ear thermometer read 2.2 ° higher than the new one! And no paracetamol for several hours. Part of incision still sore when touched but no worse even after a long car ride. Hoping I worried you all for nothing...But obviously I'll keep checking.
Need to Google symptoms of anxiety now @Layla ....
:loll:

You sound like you are doing well actually. I think we focus much more on our sensations than we would normally. All those warnings about possible DVT, infection, dislocation, reactions to anaesthesia, allergies to dressings, drug side effects - it’s enough to drive anyone to google. And after major surgery, some odd sensations are only to be expected.

Me too @bickypeg
I went to doctor last year as the continual pain was making me anxious & couldn’t sleep....he put me on a tablet called citalopram only 10mgs but it has so helped calm those anxious thoughts that usually present at night!

I think you're right @Klassy. And as most of us went under the knife in reasonable physical health, or presumably they wouldn't have wanted to operate, we're less tolerant of things being not quite right. That plus the fact that certainly in the UK we get sod all in the way of after-care really apart from physio and as you say, the dire warnings of the things that could go badly wrong.

Me too @bickypeg
I went to doctor last year as the continual pain was making me anxious & couldn’t sleep....he put me on a tablet called citalopram only 10mgs but it has so helped calm those anxious thoughts that usually present at night!

That would be great HN. No odd side effects? A bit of a crutch just to get me through the next couple of months is very attractive.

I got something similar. Low dose, helps the mind racing at night wondering if all my adult are home safe, fretting about grocery or the way someone hangs their toilet paper! I have never had anxiety until this mind racing at night that started with menopause.

@bickypeg I went on Citalopran for one year (10mg) after my mother died..and I got a bit depressed .. it worked and I didn’t have any side effects apart from the fact that I felt like a zombie... but I came off it once I decided I would rather live with the emotional side rather than the numbness but I have no doubt it helped at the time.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562