THR Bickypeg's new hip

I tried Skechers after someone on here prob @Layla recommended them @Carriemay60 .But I find they come up rather large in my usual size and the width fitting is a bit random. I got a couple of cheap pairs on eBay so not too disappointing when they feel less comfortable. Have got one faithful pair which I've nearly worn out though. Heel seems much better this morning which is good.
Went for a long walk in the park @Layla on such a lovely morning. I wish it was a little closer though as I'm finding the seatbelt is uncomfortable and OH is still zooming and braking sharply... :no-fin: So much easier and painfree though than my first excursion here last summer after first hip which is wonderful. But I feel a bit as though I'm wading through treacle. Or need oiling or something!
Stupid ducks turned up their beaks at my wholemeal crusts! But the moorhens liked them.

I envy your walk in the park a lot! I think as soon we get another sunny day, I need to get out to a park. The ice-cream trucks should be out soon too! I am sure most of my outing right now would be in the wheelchair but even a little using the walker will be nice on a good pathway.
I would assume you might be cleared for driving soon?

Hello :wave:
Great news on your walk in the park! Also happy to read your heel is feeling better. I hope it continues.
I've found several pair of normal looking shoes in the brands Sketchers, Vionic, Clark's and Naturalizer.
Surprised me actually, but if you check around you can find contemporary styles that most importantly
offer the comfort we're seeking.

My seat belt bothered me also @bickypeg it lasted several months actually. It seemed the buckle landed on an area close to my incision. I used to bring an ice pack if I was going to be in the car longer than 20 mins and place it under my seatbelt at the point of irritation. You could place anything cushy between your clothes and seat belt if it's bothering you in a particular area.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Those seatbelts are a pain... one of the reasons I never wear one (I know, naughty girl)....
A walk in the park in the sun is such a tonic especially if you have comfy shoes. I bought some sketchers as my sis swears by them but they make my feet feel huge & I trip over in them. I’ve got some slip on moccasins which are fab...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ditto @HoppyNanny a bit like having boats on your feet! And I'm a bit trippy at the best of times. Where did you get the moccasins?
The park was fairly quiet apart from mummies with toddlers and very elderly grandparents with toddlers - the latter cheered me up as they looked even more decrepit than me. And a few dog walkers. Nice cafe and nice cake but this time I walked first and the cake was my reward. Everything being spruced up for the Easter holidays. Wish it was a little nearer. I'm a non driver @Carriemay60 and buses and trains are my preferred mode of transport. I long to get on a train again. It always feels like an adventure even now.

Cake is always your reward @bickypeg [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I’ve eaten so much of it during the past few weeks I’ve put on 3lbs.. diet starts Monday!! (didn’t say which Monday though.. ha ha).

Yes, everywhere is full of mum’s & kids & silver haired grannies & grandads at the moment..

Yes, boats is a good description ... they look good on everyone else.. just not me.
I got my moccasins from Shoe Zone (cheap) before my op as I know from last time I needed not to wear ones I’d used before my op but only for post op recovery ... they slip on & are so comfy ... i’ve added a photo... were about (14.99) so I can throw them away.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20190411_0cbeb25baab647378b523cf529e0a52f.jpg

I love trains too... so comfy... usually when I go see my Grandaughter in London... Chichester to Victoria... no changing. Driving to London is a nightmare.

Glad your outing went well! Makes you feel like you are part of the world again...[emoji57]. Take care xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave:Shoe shopping for my personal Co-stylist ...along with Carriemay.
Hope you find something that is comfortable and looks good.
Have been a bit sparse in the forum due to health issues with stepmother and the usual crazy pace of the Food Bank..but wanted to pop in and see how you were faring.
Hope your weekend is sweet!:flwrysmile:

@bickypeg
Boundary Mill at Colne is a good place for shoe choosing. They have Sketchers and lots of other 'comfort shoes' at discounted prices which you can see clearly. The advantage being its a useful place to walk round in the recovery phase.

One of my sister's favourite haunts but I've never been. Still a bit edgy about long car rides. Was very uncomfortable just going to Huddersfield recently. But look what I got online @Hoppy Nanny ! And only £9.99!!

Attachments

• 20190413_165913.jpg
    20190413_165913.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 175
:hi:
I recognize those shoes! Hoppy Nannys...but only in beige as opposed to black.
Hopefully they're comfy for you. Let us know.
Happy Saturday @bickypeg Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Just generally lacking confidence rather than being unable to do things really. I suspect I need to push myself more but then I think oh what if...Catastrophising again of course...:scare:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back