THR Bickypeg's new hip

I know is been a tough year but you are a superhero.
Things will keep getting better!
Hope your weekend is sweet:roseshwr:

Oh that's wonderful! Especially the bag of 12 year old grass clippings!! That beats my husband's collection of rusty saws and pliers which he's nailed proudly to one wall of the cellar! Never knowingly done any sawing or plying in the last 10 years or so...:rotfl:

Horrible day yesterday - because of flood warning for the Valley bringing back memories of the historic floods of Boxing Day 2015 and also our neighbouring landslide. Hadn't realised how traumatised I'd found it all until I thought we were going to have to relive It! More interesting though not in a good way was how much the stress affected my body. Everything aching, including bits like knees and thighs, which hadn't troubled me before. I know there was much more hopping about and rushing up and downstairs to peer out of the window etc than usual. Not helped by some of the family travelling late at night and wondering if they'd get through.
All well in the end and the river didn't quite burst its banks. But a lesson in how much recovery can be undermined by worry. And a reminder that I want to move to a nice warm modern accessible house far far away from water. No Riverside View for me!!

Oh my stars @bickypeg
I was unaware that you had flood warnings and that there was the threat of landslides looming.:unsure:
Doesn't Mother Nature realize you are in the middle of a hip replacement recovery and you don't have the energy or the nerves for this right now!?:beg:
I remember poor @otisbeagle had to evacuate from fires in her part of the country days after surgery!

Real life drama should just STOP while we are trying to get well...for crying out loud!:hairpulling:
Hope the danger has passed. Do relax and try to have a good day!:friends:

Oh boy, that does sound stressful. It is a kick in the gut when you realize something from time gone by has affected you so much for sure. I do hope the waters are receding quickly!

It was only one slide - of a former asbestos tip - and caused by human error not just heavy rain. Cost £5 million to fix though. The floods were dreadful and 3 years on the flood defences aren't finished! @Apricot will remember. Our ancestors weren't so stupid as to build in valley bottoms! No loss of life but the place looked like a war zone for a long while afterwards.
Bright sunny day now so actually walked part way up our hill and back! Very pleased!
Images 3 years ago...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-141338.jpg
    Screenshot_20190317-141338.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 204
Oh my goodness...how awful. What a Flood.

Glad it's a nice day and you are able to get out some!:SUNsmile:

So glad to read that the flood didn't overflow the river banks, @bickypeg, but can absolutely see how worrying about that would be so stressful and the fact that you experienced physical symptoms isn't surprising at all. It will be a huge change, and a ton of work, but moving to a newer, smaller place away from the water sounds like a great goal to me. Definitely something to dream about, happy thoughts during your recovery! Have a great day--enjoy the sunshine if you've got it, and get out there for a short, refreshing walk. Sunny in my neck of the woods, and warmer than normal, so I definitely plan to get outside.

Wow! What a photo that is. Lots of excitement going on and it sounds like it affected you physically.
I hope you're breathing easier now and had a relaxing Sunday so far...
Wishing you some peace, quiet and calm as we begin a new week.
Hugs :loveshwr: :friends:
@bickypeg

Actually there has been quite wide spread flooding. Many main roads closed for several hours and railway tracks flooded. We are near the river in the next village and close to the river. Nothing like standing in your garden and watching the river rise. Agree it’s not the disaster of a few years ago.no more rain please.:yawn:

I drove back from Ledbury yesterday and the rivers were pretty swollen locally... Beautiful part of the country.

Ugh, @bickypeg, I do hope things are calming down weather-wise. I am sending you some sunshine today, as we've got some to spare with a few days of unnaturally warm and pleasant weather, unheard of in mid-March. It will only last a few days, but I intend to get outside and enjoy every one of them. Hope the flooding recedes all over and things improve. I am sure it's an anxious time for many. But happy Monday--hope you're feeling comfortable.

We're entering flood stage here soon also @bickypeg
It is sad to see the carnage but difficult to fight Mother Nature. I feel for those whose property is destroyed.
Stay safe and blow up your flotation device.
I hope you're having a good Monday!

Saw the Registrar who'd admitted me. Said Xrays had been fine, I told him I felt great that morning, but also of my little worries like the strange ankle, dry mouth. He examined former, reassured me, said 'medication' to dry mouth query. He explained little things loomed large after an operation (not in those words!) I admitted I was neurotic. Told him he had a full clinic of what looked like the living dead (not in those words) but they'd all be smiling soon as well! He'll see me in 12 months and we parted on very good terms. Contrasted it with 6 weeks ago when I could barely walk to admissions ward from the car.
Nurse said I looked too young to have had both hips replaced and wouldn't believe I was nearly 70. Lemon drizzle cake and a cappuccino in the cafe to celebrate! :curtsey:

:happydance:I thought I only had two neurotic friends until you revealed this...and 3 is my lucky number (hence the 333.):heehee:

Great update...
Not even two months so hang in there.:angel:

Hey there :hi:
What a great visit with the registrar. Then a nice compliment from the nurse and some yummy Lemon Drizxle Cake and a Cappuccino to top it all off! Sounds like a great day to me. I hope you have a lovely Wednesday too!
@bickypeg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks