PKR Best sock assist device?

6/23/2020 rt medial pkr. Scheduled 11 surgery actually got under way at 230 but I was up walking at 5

Let us know what your doctor says.

Incision is still intact seepage is from eliquis which I have to be on as I had a clot post arthroscope 2005. Took me off PT until I see him next week. As everyone said too much too soon. So elevate ice compression

Interesting Wwjmaj, I was also on Eliquis due to a clot that turned into PE after arthroscope in 2005.. didn’t experience any seepage, all went well..hope all continues well for you

@Wwjmaj Good to hear that is was nothing serious! The first week or so is difficult to say the least. The Health professionals try to get you ready. There is no way they can educate you for every possibility. If they did cover everything that might happen, people would be terrified to have the procedure. The other thing is the feeling of helplessness. Not feeling like you are contributing is VERY difficult. The good news, it will pass, you will heal. You will also not have the constant pain that motivated you to have the surgery.

Ok I scoffed and thought I could just use a regular grabber to wrangle on a sock - silly me. What one works well? Big foot here 13EE US

PS: I've moved your post from the Social Room and put it into your recovery thread.

One week post. Blood oozing has stopped (so did pT see above)so a light day activity wise. Pain very well controlled and narcos are almost double spaced now with Tylenol. Elevation and icing machine has greatly reduced any swelling.

I was addicted to my ice and elevating pillow. For the first few months, as soon as I sat or laid down, my knee had the ice on it and my leg was on the Lounge Doctor! Even after I broke my foot and ankle I iced and elevated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got the bleeding situation sorted out by the doc and are taking it more easy. As you've noted it's also helping with the swelling, which in turn will help later with your bend. :thumb:

Day 8 and everything scheduled (nurse, Insta Cart groceries, service repairman,) arrived early to much earlier than scheduled. And I woke late so No elevation and icing really until after lunch but not much swelling. No more seepage and narcos are now twice as far apart as originally prescribed and still comfortable but walking is a bit more “lurchy”. Afternoon spent elevated and icing and will walk in house tonight to smooth gait back a bit I hope.

Yes, you've probably got some swelling from having your leg down. We've all done it. Give it lots of tlc tonight--icing and elevating.

I thought inactivity was stiffening the knee more but just took my second shower since surgery and it was soooo much more flexible and thus easier in and out of tub shower. Must be doing my gentle exercises lightly has been helping!

the hospital’s push app got me slightly off track again - it told me to switch in ibuprofen (see above) which was contraindicated with eliquis and then it started coaching me on weaning off the Oxycontin...pain was worse until I called doc and was told again told that it was too soon because of light movement. Stay on schedule and call for refill instead of weaning yet. The app has been removed

Stay on schedule and call for a refill instead of weaning yet. The app has been removed
Yay for removing the app. These things are very general and each person is different. I'm glad your doctor told you to keep on the meds. You need them.

Congrats on the less stiff knee. Doing gentle movements allows the inflammation to go down. Along with that, the swelling diminishes, allowing for the less stiff feeling.

Eleven days post and the blues were definitely creeping in yesterday on my 62nd birthday. But milady sent me a commercial grade bubble machine! My daughter for Father’s Day had given me a half gallon of great long-lasting bubble solution. Today I greeted the dawn for the Fourth of July with a blizzard of bubbles cascading off the deck, through my Gently waving flag, To cover the lawn in iridescent spheres. As each broke just a bit of the blues went with it! Impossible to stay blue or feel all the discomfort in a bubble blizzard. I highly recommend bubbles for recovery!

@Wwjmaj Sorry you are feeling a bit down. Tough times lately and not much to celebrate about. But I love your bubble action. What a great idea! Bubble therapy! :heehee:

On the 12 day of recovery my replace the part gave me a good day- walked a half mile here in my little house and felt good. Mood was better. - yes I did more bubbles! On the scales - 10 pound loss since day of surgery! Not trying but nothing food wise sounds good. Slept a LOT during the day and now it’s 230 a.m. and just enough uncomfortable to not sleep ... scheduled doc follow up tomorrow at 945

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom