TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

The recovery road is long, but a destination of pain free movement is Oz at the end of the Yellow Brick road.

I did spend last Friday in NYC and was on my feet for hours -- walked almost 5 miles according to my FitBit. I was tired by the end of the day, but no pain in The Knee!
HI @benne68 , that's pretty awesome! What a difference from 5 months to 7 months out!

All the best for continued normalization! :)

I'm looking forward to more travel too. We are going to Vegas in Sept and I know The Knee will be more than ready. Last time we went there was in 2019 and I had lost a bunch of weight prior and my left knee wasn't bad yet. I was able to walk all over the place with no troubles, sometimes 15,000 steps a day!

I hope you have some fun stuff planned!

We’re planning a trip to visit family in Texas sometime this summer. Before the Pandemic, we went every year, both my middle sister, her daughter & 2 granddaughters live there , as well as my big brother & his wife. It’s always a fun time of visiting, laughing, & lots of good food. We’ve been going since the girls were babies, & now, both are teenagers. It’s just been far too long! Looking forward to that.....

What a wonderful 7 month report! Your knee is being a very good girl!

Sharing this for those of you who are in the early weeks of recovery, are struggling with pain and mobility issues, and are wondering if you will ever get better:

Yesterday I celebrated my 8-month Knee-versary with a 5+-mile hike. The knee performed perfectly and I didn't think about my implant once!

Oh, I am NOT on the ODIC bench today. :egypdance:

We DO recover -- it just takes time.

Yesterday marked 9 months!

Hubby and I are heading off on vacation next week and will be doing lots and lots of hiking and walking -- and I'm not at all worried about my knee; it's doing just great.

It was a long road to get here, but I can honestly say that I am very happy I had this TKR.

Hi, @benne68! Congratulations! I’m a month behind you, and I agree.... no regrets or second thoughts. My husband & I now walk daily together, & just this morning, we were reflecting how,a year ago, I was using a cane, and in constant pain. I couldn’t walk ( tho, I Could do our old Nordic trac, & hated it!). I remembered how much I missed the walking, & he said” yeah... it just wasn’t the same without you....☹️.” I’m still struggling with balance some, but, my knee is a Champ! We have our garden up, & my flowers, and, I’m looking forward to canning & freezing peaches, ant tomatoes from our garden. And, a trip to see our family later in the year. Yay! And all withOut that bone-on-bone pain! Enjoy your trip, and, your hikes. Btw, you were one of the first to encourage me, & give me advice.... thanks.

benne- you are doing very well and it's well deserved after what you've been through with Righty. But it's sad to hear about Lefty. But lefty seems to have held up ok for that 5 mile walk? :yes!:

Last edited:
So happy for you @benne68 :happydance:
Hope you have a Wonderful Trip. ♡

@benne68, you’re doing great. Our right knees are almost the same age and, like you, I am so happy to have had this surgery. I hope you have a wonderful vacation with lots of pain-free hikes!

Coming up on 10 months post-op this week.

Just returned from vacation and am happy to report that my "new" right knee was up to the challenges: walking on cobblestone streets, scrambling up hillside paths and climbing steep flights of stairs. (Lefty complained about the cobblestones, but otherwise did her best to keep up.)

A year ago at this time, I couldn't walk to the mailbox without a cane. This surgery truly is life-changing!

Yes, it is! I couldn't wait to get back to hiking and bike riding!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom