Being Watched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfourhorses

graduate
Country
United States United States
This AM on the way to my pedicure, my neighbor informed me that I am being watched!:shk:

He saw a car parked in front of his house on 2 separate days this past week. He asked the man what he was doing and the man gave him his business card telling him that he is watching someone from our house who put in a disability claim. That would be me!:hehe:

I put in a claim because I have disability on my truck loan.

I find this rather foolish. They may pay out under $600.00 on the claim for my truck loan and will spend more $$ than that on a SPY who is based 70 miles from here!!

They know I have not even had surgery as of yet!!

Bizarre:evil:
Life is never dull:whis:

By the way the pedicure was Heavenly....my tootsies are now ready to be exposed in the OR :thmb:

The pedicure room was on the 2nd floor.....I had to drag myself on all 4's up the stairs...I hope my SPY was watching!!:D

C4

That so ridiculous! Completely :hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy: ridiculous!

That's one good neighbour you've got C4... This amazes me that the disability company would do that... Not fair!!!!!

Nice looking pedicure, oh that must have felt sooooo good:thmb:

It did feel good! I can't wait to go back, someday. I also had my hair cut shorter, I thought it was left too long last time.

I finished grooming our animals today...2 dogs and a cat...:catkiss::dogkiss:bathed & clipped the horse a few days ago and my little dog a couple days ago. I wonder if my "spy" was watching:hehe:. Also made runs with my truck to our storage lock up, trying to get some organization here.

I love the Grand Daughter's :wub:and they are sooo full of energy.

I wish I could move around & enjoy them more. Just found out we are babysitting tonight.:doh:

I am feeling feverish again.:euw:

Tomorrow so much to do,more horse blankets to take and wash at the laundry mat just in case I cannot get to them before winter sets in, take more stuff to the storage lock up, must clean up the salon & pack......Monday must not forget to pay bills.

I did not think I would sleep Monday night, before surgery...now I am thinking I could have...I am sooo tired.:zzz:

C4

They do that here. We have Accident Compensation Corporation who pay your healthcare and wages if you have an accident and are unable to work and/or need medical treatment. It was constantly abused by people being on ACC for bad backs and taking advantage of the time off work by painting their roofs etc so ACC started employing investigators to photograph people that weren't genuine. Now the tax department have adopted their practices and photograph people selling their wares at markets to check they are paying tax on any money made.

I hope you gave him a big wave C4.

C4 - why don't you struggle out with the paperwork for your op and ask him if he would like to save time and money and read it. Geez - how ridiculous!

Reminds me of when I applied to get a disability card so I could park in the disabled spaces pre-op. They refused to interview me and said they thought I "wasn't disabled enough". I offered to go in and show them I could hardly walk! You wonder why these people have a job!

Hang in there. It's your day soon!

Good Morning C4... well you are down to the last few things to do... washing horse blankets sounds like an awful chore... but I guess those big machines at the laundry mats make it easy.. it just the lugging them there...

You amaze me with your ever changing avatar.. your new haircut sure is short, but perfect for the summer and way less maintenance... your eyes look tired in the pic....

I hope you get through the next few days without tons of pain:cnsl:

hope you don't all hold this against me -- but I am in the claims industry. I routinely hire investigators to check on people's activity level. However, please know that surveillence is used to PROVE a claim as well as dis-prove a claim. It is a valuable tool for knowing that somebody truly is disabled. It is not nice and is an invasion of privacy -- but the cost of fraud has pushed everybody to their limits.

he doesn't sound like he is very good at his job since he told your neighbor what he is doing????

C4 - you have come so far. I truly wish you the best and keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. you have had to deal with so many obstacles --yet -- you overcame them all. I admire you and your spirit.
all the best to you,
MCB:D

Hi

Sheesh what people will do just to waste time. It must be nice to get paid for doing useless things. I wonder in my whole life why someone could not have offerred me such a job, to sit on my fanny and spy. How classy is that? I would ask him if he needed a coffee now and then, or maybe just to come in and watch close up and personal. Sorry it annoys me. Oh well...:hissy:

I hope your surgery is soon and you begin to feel better, I know the pain is so agonizing at times too.
Take care of you....JackiesLost

Well yes, you do never know what people will do!

How about this chap - the mayor of the town of Pembroke (Wales). He was claiming top level benefit on account of being unable to walk. Went to his official functions in a wheelchair. But the benefits investigator filmed him refereeing a football match!

Jo I guess that is why they have to have the investigators, for the lyers. I wish i could go to work, I miss it so very much. When i volunteer at my endocrinologists clinic on tuesday nites (7-1amish) my back hurts so bad, i take every opportunity to sit, of course i have to take percocet too. And sitting does not help all that much.

But C4 I would definately have gone out and met the guy. I almost want to appply to meet a spy!!!

I wonder if he waited out side the OR to see if you really made it in.
judy

Do remember what MCB said - sometimes they do it to prove the disability rather than disprove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads