THR Beachy34's recovery

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope work went well for you today. Let us know how it felt to be back if you care to share. Have a great rest of the week!
@beachy34

@VSlowLife , @Mojo333 and @Layla , thanks for the well wishes. Work went pretty well today. I only stayed about 4 hours. A little discomfort with the driving, but all in all not too bad. My boss has a project I need to complete by the end of the week and the paperwork was back at my house, so it was the perfect excuse to get out early before traffic got too bad and to work from home tomorrow. :) I really have been enjoying working from home and I actually work longer and get more done. Taking the commute away gives me more time for actual work and I don't feel as overwhelmed.

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Can you believe it's been three months already? After a while the months begin clicking on by. I hope all continues to get better and better for you.
Take care and drop us an update when / if the mood strikes. We enjoy hearing from you! :)
@beachy34

@Layla, thank you for the anniversary message! It is hard to believe it's been 3 months.

Things continue to go well. I finished PT a couple of weeks ago. I think I'm mostly walking normal, at least I hope so.:) One thing, I still experience quite a bit of pain when I bend over for more than just a few seconds. Like for instance if I'm bending trying to get laundry out of the dryer and I stay down while I'm doing it. When I'm done, I have to stand upright very slowly and it's pretty painful. I'm hoping it's just a matter of time and that will stop. And I'm still pretty slow on the stairs.

Hope everyone on here is doing well with their journey too!

:hi: Happy Four Month Anniversary!

It’s good to read you’re doing well. I think stairs will come. I’m not sure how often you need to navigate steps, but I’m betting it gets easier with time. If the pain you describe continues, consider calling your OS, rather than worry. I’m sure either your surgeon or a member of his team will be able to offer you reassurance via a phone conversation, or office visit, whichever they prefer.

Be safe and stay well!
@beachy34

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I was supposed to have another follow up appointment with my OS at the end of the month, but it's been cancelled due to COVID-19. They said I could do a video call, but I'm not really having any problems, so I declined and said I'd just reschedule when things open back up.

One question I do have is about the incision. With my first hip, I felt nothing really. Maybe some discomfort with scar tissue early on, but nothing after the first month or so. I'm still having some discomfort on and around the incision and was going to ask about that. It's nothing terrible and I imagine it will go away over time, but it's different from the first time.

I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well.

I'm still having some discomfort on and around the incision and was going to ask about that. It's nothing terrible and I imagine it will go away over time, but it's different from the first time.

Hello, Thanks for the update. It seems you’re doing well and that’s a good thing since your
latest appointment was cancelled due to the pandemic.

As far as your incision goes, as you’ve heard, each recovery is different, even with the same person, so please don’t let the memory of how your last incision healed affect your concerns about your most recent. I can only go by my experience, but I recall the area surrounding my incision to be sensitive and tender for many months. Also there were different areas of numbness which also took several months to return to normal.
Hopefully this helps
A great rest of the week to you!

It is interesting with the Covid19 and doctor appts. My 6m follow up is now a telephone call. I was offered a video call or just phone and I chose phone just to touch base. It is wonderful that you are doing well so no real need to be seen. I am also doing well so not too upset at no appt. especially since with the restaurants closed there is no fun stop for lunch afterward.

Thanks @Layla, it does help to hear of your experience. I figured it was just a different type of healing, but it makes me feel better to hear your story. I have the numbness too and I actually still have a little bit of numbness on the left side and that surgery has been well over a year ago. For me the numbness is a small price to pay for the relief from the pain.:)

I have the numbness too and I actually still have a little bit of numbness on the left side and that surgery has been well over a year ago. For me the numbness is a small price to pay for the relief from the pain

I recall Josephine the nurse mentioning she had numbness for quite a long time after one of her surgeries and finally realized it was as good as it was going to get and basically forgot about it, only to realize a few years later, it was gone. I guess it may still happen for you also in regard to your first surgery. Another member once said if he was only ever 90% better than he was before surgery, he’d take it. I’m sure many of us would agree. I know I do. Through my time here, I’ve read of many experiencing improvement up to two years and longer. You’re doing great and you’ll get there!
Have a wonderful weekend!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties