I find myself battling with the decision to operate or wait. My 2nd consultation with a doctor that only did posterior approach told me my hip is now bone on bone. It is uncomfortable when I walk but, not that painful for 5 minute walks. It's when I walk a lot that it hurts at a level of about a 7ish on a scale of 1 to 10. I already have to wait a few months to accumulate vacation time from work because medical leave is unpaid and I really can't afford that. That or save enough money (which I'm not good at) to sustain me for a couple of months. I go for the third consultation in the end of August with a doctor that does anterior approach. I want the anterior approach because I don't want the bending restrictions, I have to feed two small dogs and pick up their wee wee pads. I worry about things like falling, I'm a clumsy as it is. Just having all these negative thoughts and it's scary. I just ordered my recliner because I like sleeping in the living room with the tv on and I have a futon in the living room which is probably too low for post opp. I get the recliner delivered Saturday, my way of preparing my brain for what inevitably has to take place (surgery). Also, preparing the home a bit for post op...if it ever happens. Has anyone else gone back and forth on deciding what to do?? I say to myself if it was painful enough I would just do it, but as long as I avoid long walks I'm ok. I also cancelled a cruise in October because walking the length of the ship was not fun...but, again pain was like a 7 or 8. Bottom line I'm scared. Also, I really can't ask anyone to stay with me, so I will doing mostly everything on my own, another scary thing. How stable is one walking shortly after the surgery. Sorry, I went on sort of a tangent....it helps to get it out of my head.