TKR Barometric Pressure?<

I can't help but to remind myself daily that I did have a major surgery and it's ok to hurt.

I think I'm beating myself up knowing that for my prior LTKR I was back to work already by this time.

I'm writing to mainly get this off my chest and get out of my slump I'm in. Thanks for reading!

Sleepless in Yucaipa.
Till next time!

@A New Knee

Sleepless here too, and on my second knee as well.

I know you know this, but I guess that’s why they tell us not to compare our knee recoveries.

But I’m comparing a little bit too. This knee recovery seems easier in some ways I think, but the knee has less ROM at this point in recovery than the other knee had at the same number of weeks.

Who knows - guess we’ll get there when we get there.

And yes! You’ve just had major surgery and it’s ok to hurt!

Hope you get some sleep tonight - hope I do too :)

I think I'm beating myself up knowing that for my prior LTKR I was back to work already by this time.
You went back to work very early last time. It's unusual to be able to do that.

We usually recommend taking about 12 weeks off work and then, if possible, doing a Phased return to work .

Catching up on your thread. How is the back of the knee pain doing? That remained pesky for me during the healing process but gradually diminished.

I truly hope you were able to rest last night too @ebungalow !! I got about 3 hours, hit and miss, toss and turned, got out of bed at 7am when the hubs woke so not to bother him!

Yes, I had learned a lesson or two with going back to work too early last time! I'm off for 12wks this time and plan on taking it all to heal correctly this go round. @Celle

Hi @kneeper Thanks for checking in, the back of the knee doesn't bother me too much anymore. I gave up my ice machine that strapped around my knee as I believe that was part of my issue. I'm still icing, just with bags of alcohol & water mixture. The pain is much better now, tolerable I guess one could say. The pain I'm feeling now is on the lateral side, deep inside and at the point of incision... Looking forward to it feeling like I was born this way one day!

Got my MRI results today :censored::censored:

I'm so upset, I cried in my car while reading the report... My MRI was on my left ankle... The report says that I have a partial Achilles tear and tendinopathy. Looks like another surgery. I see my OS on the 5th of Feb to make plans and check my knee.

Imagine, walking with a new knee, an Achilles tear and a bummed right knee through a huge hospital, day in and day out (my job)... Took Motrin 800 three times a day to combat my pain, with Tylenol somewhere in between...

I'm done, I feel like my primary needs to investigate the Sjogrens partial diagnosis a little further. I'll give them a call on Monday.

Sorry, thanks for listening! Just frightened! :sos:

I’m so sorry you’re going through so much. :console2:

The report says that I have a partial Achilles tear and tendinopathy.
I am so sorry to have this. Instead of surgery can you just rest it and let it heal? I hope you can find an easier outcome.

@sistersinhim I have had the severe pain and have worn a brace since early 2017. I cannot even say when I injured it... Probably repetitive. I've also been on inflammatories for over 20 years, due to migraines & my knees.
I have bought and used so many rubs and braces to try & "fix this on my own."
My OS was supposed to do that surgery when he replaced my right knee, but Dr Burton wanted to see another MRI to look at an update.
I'm bummed... I'm muttering... Thanks for asking, I will let you all know what the outcome might be!:shrug:

I can relate. Both knees had birth defects so they've been bad all my life. In the 80s they said I'd need replacements, but not until I was in my late 50s. I have been on anti-inflammatories since the 80s. It's scary about the side effects that I knew nothing about until learning about them on Bonesmart. I've cut back on them by 1/4, but find them necessary for me to have any type of good quality of life. Shortly before my knee was a year old, I stepped in a hole, rolled my foot inward and broke my ankle and two bones in my foot. I was angry, to say the least! But, I didn't have to have surgery, praise the Lord!

I pray that you don't have to have surgery on your ankle and being off of it will heal it. Be careful with NSAIDs now. They slow down bone healing. I had to come off of them again after my breaks.

Check out Amazon. They carry pills that help with tissue and bone healing. Maybe these can keep you from having surgery. I took them for about 2 months. Who knows if the pills helped or not since there was nothing to compare it to, but I think trying is a plus!

Last edited:
I can relate. Both knees had birth defects so they've been bad all my life.

I too was born with birth defects about my lower extremities! I had to have my legs repositioned and wore braces and casts for my first year of life (so mama tells me).
I've also broken both of my ankles twice each, I've always had issues... I wished I hadn't.

I too hope to cut down the NSAIDs after this ankles issue is resolved. Safe to say, I've ignored the warnings from my physician and family, I chose comfort (as much as I could get) hoping for the day I wouldn't have to take any NSAIDs. It's coming, at least to cut down my intake!

I will surely check out Amazon for a tissue and bone pill. Thanks!

Hello All!
Saw my OS today, was prescribed Voltaren Gel to try and calm my medial pain down at that muscle, Let's hope so.
No, not going back to work any time soon! Not even close to thinking about that!
I do have another appt with a different OS to address my left ankle next week.

On the bright side, my hubs and I enjoyed a cruise to the Mexican Riviera last week. It was most enjoyable to be pampered (both of us) and relax!

I'm glad you took a cruise. That would have been a nice break and a sure cure for cabin fever.

Hello,
Update, saw a different (very young) OS today about my left ankle.
We are planning surgery, I have tendinopathy, a spur and a partial tear on my Achilles. He will nip the spur/shave my heel and release the tendon at my calf using very small incisions! He showed me the same surgery on a different patient he had just done last week, looks nice. Seems I'll be in a boot for up to a year...
I tell ya, I'm so looking forward to my legs feeling good all over!
Has anyone else had this procedure? Any advice? I appreciate you all!
Thanks Friends! :flwrysmile:

Ouch, you are going through a lot. Have they given any indication when your ankle surgery will be? I hope it will all be very successful and you'll be up and running before you know it. Take care now and be kind to yourself.

Hi @Lindylee
I see you just had surgery, how are you coming along?!
Thanks for your concern. I was born (many years ago) with BLL abnormalities and it seems to be catching up with me now.
Surgery on my ankle should be planned for April or May of this year.
Take care!
April :wave:

Thank you, I'm doing ok, just trying to take each day as it comes at present and trying not to compare myself with anyone else. It all seems to be heading in the right direction. So many seem to be having a really rough time and yet stay positive and offer support to others. It's very humbling and makes me realise I have nothing to complain about. Good luck with your surgery. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on. :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom