TKR Back again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dam Australia Internet.LOL. Happened to me also, I look forward to the day Australia has better Internet connections. Hope your recovery is going well. Regards Leonie.

aussie I'm going to move your post to the technical support forum under HELP & INFO so that RichardRobins can see it.

I don't think a draft is retrievable if the thread has not been posted yet. But he will know for sure.

Thanks Jamie,

I can just write it out again I guess, just it was a loooooooooong one. :tada:

Hi Forum Folk,

I just wanted to check in and say hi and let you all know how well I am doing after my 6 week visit to the surgeon.

Everything is going well. I did write it out in more detail all the things I can do now but the internet dropped out just as I posted so I will say, life has returned to a tad off normal for me and time will take care of the rest.

I am able to do everything I need to do with little or no discomfort, and I know at 6 weeks I am lucky and feel blessed it's all falling into place.

The surgeon was also happy, I can't tell you numbers because they don't matter to me as long as I'm able to do what I need to do. The surgeon doesn't measure either, he straightens my leg, then bends it and says "great". Checked out the X Rays again said everything is as it should be, checked the new LTKR matched the RTKR from 5 years ago, again all was good and asked how my LTHR was, I said I never think about it, so all was wonderful.

I am pleased he didn't ask how my exercises were going because all I have really done is rest, ice and elevate. Very few exercises at all and the result is still as good if not better than the previous replacement that found me in tears at PT time.

For those of you at the same place in recovery as myself I hope you are feeling well too and to those just starting out, hang in there it DOES get better.

Hopefully this time it posts!!!!!!!!! :dancy: :spin: :happydance:

Hi Forum Folk,

I just wanted to check in and say hi and let you all know how well I am doing after my 6 week visit to the surgeon.

Everything is going well. I did write it out in more detail all the things I can do now but the internet dropped out just as I posted so I will say, life has returned to a tad off normal for me and time will take care of the rest.

I am able to do everything I need to do with little or no discomfort, and I know at 6 weeks I am lucky and feel blessed it's all falling into place.

The surgeon was also happy, I can't tell you numbers because they don't matter to me as long as I'm able to do what I need to do. The surgeon doesn't measure either, he straightens my leg, then bends it and says "great". Checked out the X Rays again said everything is as it should be, checked the new LTKR matched the RTKR from 5 years ago, again all was good and asked how my LTHR was, I said I never think about it, so all was wonderful.

I am pleased he didn't ask how my exercises were going because all I have really done is rest, ice and elevate. Very few exercises at all and the result is still as good if not better than the previous replacement that found me in tears at PT time.

For those of you at the same place in recovery as myself I hope you are feeling well too and to those just starting out, hang in there it DOES get better.

Hopefully this time it posts!!!!!!!!! :dancy: :spin: :happydance:

Jamie,
I wrote it out again and when I went to see that it posted it wasn't there, so I have just retrieved the draft put it in above hopefully you or one of the other clever folk can either find the other one or put this where it needs to be.
Thanks

Congratulations on doing so well! Sounds great and I can only hope for the same when I see my OS in a couple of weeks. So far I'm still hurting, but I know a lot of changes can happen really fast.

aussie I'm going to move your post to the technical support forum under HELP & INFO so that RichardRobins can see it.

I don't think a draft is retrievable if the thread has not been posted yet. But he will know for sure.
Currently its iffy if a draft will save under some circumstances, however the next version of our software has a near flawless autodraft

Thanks cookie42.
I hope it's not long until you stop hurting. It's such a long journey isn't it?
I'm having a bit of an uncomfortable day today but I just look at that as a bit more healing happening!!!!!! ( Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it) :)
Take care and happy healing everyone

Hiya aussie... I even find at 21 months post it is one step forward two steps back.. I have a few days off and decided with Spring around the corner... Spring cleaning is in order..lol... So where am I now... laying down, contemplating all the muscles that are unfit! and hurting!

How is Your weather today?

A bit cloudy today Poppet!!!!! In saying that we have been really spoilt with a beautiful winter. Lots of days still in T Shirts.

aussie....I have merged all of your recovery threads into this single one. We do like to keep your updates, questions and concerns all in one place. It's so much easier to follow what is going on with your recovery that way. So please continue to post in this thread rather than starting a new one. If you'd prefer a different thread title, just post what you'd like it to be and we'll get it changed for you.

I also moved your techy question to this thread as well because you had posted an update in it and I felt it was important to have that information in your recovery thread.

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all feeling well.
I had a bit of a downer day yesterday, no reason as you know it just happens. Better today and feel like I can finally sit still long enough to visit the hairdresser this afternoon, so I'm sure I'll feel better once this mop head is tidied up.
I just checked some of my older posts from my last knee op and surprisingly I'm actually doing better this time. Who would have thought!!!!
Have a good day everyone.

:flwrysmile:

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd check in again and say hi!!!
8weeks tomorrow and I have had a couple of milestones this weekend so thought I'd share them.
Yesterday I went to the pool. When I finally got the courage to strip off and get in I was really surprised that I could actually swim and kick my legs. I had expected the newer KR might not have co operated yet, but it did. Woohoo!!!!
Then today I just thought I'd give stairs (one foot after the other) a go......blow me down I had enough bend to do it. Obviously I still need to hold hand rails but very happy I could do it both up and down.
I have no idea what my ROM is, I never measure it.
I hope everyone is well and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties