THR Back ache

Well hip one year old today not been a good year still in more pain than before op. Got bursitis and tendonitis in all major hip muscles still limping and using cane cant do exercise to strengthen hip muscles as in to much pain having lazer and tecar treatment to get rid of inflamation . Hope all other salespeople celebrating one year are doing better

Wow…sorry to read of your struggles one year post op. Scoliosis, tendonitis and bursitis, is a lot to deal with. I hope the treatments you are engaging in bring relief soon.
Wishing you comfort and a happy holiday season.
@Dilewis

Hi @Dilewis

Darn, I'm sorry about the rough year. So frustrating for you!

I had a very difficult year with my first THR (I'm a year and a half out). I am 1 month out from my THR on the other hip, and it looks like Hip #2 will surpass Hip #1 in healing. I'm hoping that having the second hip done will enable the first hip to get better.

Best of luck in getting those tendonitis and bursitis kinks worked out! Again, that must be so frustrating. :tantrum:

@Dilewis
I had less pain after my surgery than before, but I did have a long recovery, about 17 months until I felt happy about it. At 12 months as I started to get more active, I felt things weren't right yet, so I sought several opinions. I had had hip flexor tendonitis at about 10 mo., and that was better, but apparently at one year, I had IT band issues, bursitis, and meralgia paresthetica. One doctor said it was all really meralgia paresthetica, but whatever it was, it hurt especially later in the day.

Today, at 18 mo., I am so much better. I just returned home from the gym, and discomfort isn't much and I seem to be doing more, although carefully increasing. At 14 mo. I had some excellent pt that included massage and an individual plan, and I think that helped, but time has helped too.
Not all pt is helpful, but mine was.

So I hope that the next few months will be better for you, and that things will really finish healing, or at least move in the right direction.
Best wishes.

Last edited:
Great news to hear your doing so well. The return of mobility is freeing …

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back