Baby Steps Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

char

I had my third PT session this morning and I was able to make a FULL revolution on the bike! It was quite by mistake - i was just supposed to go way forward then reverse but in trying so hard to get a good bend - I actually pushed the pedals all the way around! I didn't know my therapist was watching me and I stopped when I realized I did it - made an "o" with my mouth and whispered "wow" - he laughed and said " I saw that"

I can't tell you how excited I was - my therapist is a therapy nazi so I've dreaded going but when I get there I do what i'm told - tears and all! It was 5am and I wanted to immediately post to the board to my "knee people" - my husband cracked up when I said that but was very excited for me. I'm home now and icing - LOL - but very happy.

Ok - back to reality --- have a great day all!!

I did that on my 6th day after surgery but it wasn't "WOW" that I mouthed!!!!!!!

Good for you, Char!!! You're getting there!

Hip Hip hooray! Bet no one is as happy as you Char. Congrats. My husband knows 9 out of 10 times when he sees the lap top in my lap I'm on line with "my bone people". See not just membres know us, but whole families. Anyway, spin baby spin!

Oh neat, char! And naughty Patti!

In my gym induction today, the instructor started me off on the recliner bike but I had trouble getting my right leg up-and-over. Not because of pain or stiffness but cus my belly is too big and was obstructing the leg! Talk about embarrassing! I had to keep leaning to the left to let it come up high enough and the nice young man said I shouldn't do that. I was hard pressed to admit why I needed to!

However, at the end of the session he had me do some cool-down on a normal bike and I was much better on that so I think - until I have lost a significant amount of weight, I shall give the recliner thing a miss!

I see things like this smile and think where else can you talk about something like
this. Most people would think big deal -- but if you're there is is one BIG DEAL.

I was in PT today and realized that I have a kneecap! I thought the surgeon had
implanted a grapefruit and today as I was exercising I realized that at 8 weeks the
swelling had gone down to the point where I can actually see a kneecap

Congrats.

Ed, aren't they wierd? I don't know if I have the originals or not. I'll ask next week at my 8 week (in the 9th week) appt. I kinda hope I do cause I don't want to think that hard part that I can actually feel outside of me is prostetic. eeeewwwwwwwwww! Options are???????????? Adjust.

Char....your post reminded me how excited I was the first time I got all the way around on the bike. It's amazing how such a small thing can be such a source of joy! It's the first of many milestones for you and I'm thrilled to hear about it!

Oh happy day Char! Isn't it great to get the pedal all the way around on the bike!????

I found out this week that my knee cap is not my own. I just started PT again at my neuorsurgeon's office in preparation for my next tkr. This therapist told me that it was not my own which may partly explain why my knee looks so different then my God given knee. The "man" made knee is flatter and wider across the top then my rounded more narrow woman knee.

I am so happy for you Char. I remember the first time it happened to me. It was about
1 am at home on my stationary bike, and I cried tears of joy, I had been trying for so long. I posted about it right after and then went back to bed, happy!!

Jo, I take it you saw your surgeon then? You having physio now then? What did he say, maybe I missed you post. I haven't finished checking them all yet though. Your post really made me laugh. I have the same trouble sometimes when I try and tie my shoe
laces!! LOL

Char - how ya going now?

Sue - no, I see him on the 30th. The gym was my idea to lose some weight and get fitter. Doing all this forum stuff has made me a serial couch potato!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks