THR Awaiting thr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippynola

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, just found this group online, looks just what I need to help me through the coming weeks. My op is due on 23rd June. I live in England. Pleased to meet you all.

Hello @Hippynola - and :welome:

Here is some reading, to help you prepare for your surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Welcome to BoneSmart.Thanks for joining us!
My mom had a hip replaced when she was close to your age and did really well. I think you’re going to love the results of this great surgery. You’ll lose the pain and regain mobility. I look forward to following your journey,
Stop back often, we’ll be here to cheer you on all the way. Hope to hear from you again soon.
@Hippynola

hello, thank you very much from the UK for the lovely welcome.
I had a knee replacement in 2011 and my first hip replacement in 2017, have been waiting for the second Hip to be done ever since. It’s been a long haul due to the pandemic and restrictions on elective surgery. Unfortunately, the extra strain on my knee replacement has taken its toll and that too is feeling very uncomfortable now.
Please could you add me to the June sunbeams for my surgery on June 23.

Wishing you all the best on your surgery tomorrow, @Hippynola
I will look forward to following your healing journey on the recovery side once you’re resting comfortably at home and ready to join us for some encouragement and support.
Until then…wishing you peace and comfort.

Good luck with your op Hippynola please continue to post your recovery journey on here. I’m getting my thr on 4th August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker