THR Autism and THR

Do you think my gait will just correct itself with more time, or should I see PT?
Still early days for you. At only 3 weeks out I wouldn't worry about your gait. Focus on heel/toe walking when you are out. Use the walking stick if you need it. It's very hard to correct something like this since you limped around pre-op. But as you continue to build strength on that side I think you will see things improve.

@beach73 very good news, getting out to the shops! Three weeks is way too early to worry if your gait is normal. Since you feel good walking, that is enough for now. Relax into the easy little walks :yes:

With my first hip, my head/torso swayed side to side but I didn't really know I was doing it because I only noticed it at night out walking-- the tops of the trees swayed! That went away after afew months, and I'd done nothing different. That same hip, at 8 months, I was booking it up a city hill with a friend, who told me I was limping!! I had no idea. I guess that went away too. The left hip never did the swaying part, and nobody told me I was limping.

May your recovery continue uneventful!

:hi: Happy One Month Anniversary!
Hoping you’ve had a good week and I’m wishing you a wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
@beach73

@Layla Thanks am now 5 weeks and am having a great week this week. I almost feel like I am on holidays now, going out for lunch and coffees. Went to the beach yesterday. Catching up with a friend today. And have been able to ditch the stick this week or maybe it ditched me. I was forgetting to use it more often than not. My leg feels really strong and no pain. My wound has healed and the bruising and swelling is gone. I was expecting a cut down my leg but its a bikini line cut 8cm long. I didnt even know there was such a thing, and I dont even have any bikinis
Everything is so much easier now from putting on my shoes and socks, getting in and out of car/bed, changing position in bed and walking!! And no more pain. This surgery is a life changer.
@zauberflöte thanks for your post and sharing your experience with the tree tops. When my gait first changed preop I wasnt aware of it at first but I kept spilling my coffee when carrying a cup when walking and couldn't figure out why until I realised I was walking a bit gammy.
I can walk with a cup of coffee now and not spill a drop. My gait is still a bit gammy but it feels fine to me and I will put my faith in the healing power of time. Thankyou for reminding me to be patient.

Hi there,
Thanks for the update, it’s good to hear from you!
Such wonderful news you shared. You seem very pleased with your progress and it sounds like you’re doing really well! It is so encouraging to feel like you’re part of the world again, minus the pain. :happydance: I agree that THR is a life changer. I’m happy for you and I hope you have a lovely weekend!
@beach73

@beach73 you sound like you're doing really really well! Glad the coffee spillage resolved itself. Do you know the one about "don't watch the coffee cup, watch where you're going!"? I was taught that as a youngster, and I have to say, the older I get the less well it works....

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hope you‘re loving all the progress you're making. There is still more internal healing to take place, but you’ll be feeling stronger month by month. Wishing you only the best in the weeks and months to come. :)
@beach73

Thanks Layla wow time has flown by. I have been back at work for a week now and no problems whatsoever. Actually its easier than before surgery now that I am not in pain and can walk normally again. The novelty factor of being free from chronic pain is huge at the moment. I keep having memories when I am doing things of how hard it was and how tired I was before and now it is almost effortless. And no more spilling coffee from wonky walking :)

I keep having memories when I am doing things of how hard it was and how tired I was before and now it is almost effortless

Thanks for the update. You’re doing great...wonderful to read your post and see that you’re back at work.

The freedom from pain is amazing. It’s crazy though how it’s difficult to let go of the memories of the pain you experienced upon certain movements, it’s like you’re waiting for it to happen....and it doesn’t! :happydance: May it only get better.
I hope you have a lovely Sunday and week!

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I believe you’re entering Spring as Autumn is soon upon us here in the US. I hope you have a lovely Spring. Wishing you continued strength and healing. Stop by with an update as time allows. We’d love to hear from you.
@beach73

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks