Attended class today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovestoread

supremo
Country
United States United States
Today was my pre-op class day and I'm feeling so much better about things! I was sooo nervous earlier today, but so many questions were answered for me. I also had my pre-op physical, EKG and donated a pint of my blood. What a day! One thing I was most relieved to hear (as were several others at the class!) was that even though I'm having an epidural, I will also be sedated. The best part? They do the sedation before the epidural, so my biggest fear has now been taken care of. The nurse said they've discovered the patient's biggest anxiety is about the epidural and how it will feel, so they do the sedation first. Two weeks from today I will be on the way to a better life! (well, half-way there since my second knee will be done on August 6th)

That is great news! I am glad that your questions and concerns have been taken care of there.

Two weeks from today I will be on the way to a better life!
Yes!! You will be amazed at how great you will feel when you are fully recovered---and how much more you can enjoy life.

I'm "almost" looking forward to it!
That is well-worded! I was nervous and excited---and, in a way, I, too, was looking forward to it---but than again....

However, I have to tell you, that, while my BTKR recovery was longer than I would have liked it to be, now, going on six years later, I am amazed at how much more enjoyable life is!

That is well-worded! I was nervous and excited---and, in a way, I, too, was looking forward to it---but than again....

However, I have to tell you, that, while my BTKR recovery was longer than I would have liked it to be, now, going on six years later, I am amazed at how much more enjoyable life is!

I think everyone I've talked to that's made it through the surgery is glad they had it done. There have been a few complications along the way for a few people, but in the end, it was the right decision.

I think everyone I've talked to that's made it through the surgery is glad they had it done
I have neer met one that wished they had not had it done---everybody that I know is extremely happy with their outcomes

Some, though, admit that they actually waited too long to have it done.

I should have done it a few years ago, but was told by the OS I was seeing at the time (at age 55) that I would have to wait until I was 65 to have it done. He said I was too young, even though I was bone-on-bone in both knees even then. He also told me that his back hurt every day, but he only took medication when he golfed. Basically I was told to suck it up. Oh, and his wife found relief from Celebrex, so he didn't know why I didn't think it helped me. Needless to say, he is not the doctor doing my surgery!

but was told by the OS I was seeing at the time (at age 55) that I would have to wait until I was 65 to have it done.
These folks need to change their point of view. I have a very good friend who has been told the same thing, and he was fitted for one of those arthritis braces. I am hoping he will see another OS!

Needless to say, he is not the doctor doing my surgery!
You have taken a large step and are certainly moving forward with your life---and you are about to reclaim the life that arthritis has stolen from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom