Are you practicing walking??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joc....here's the deal....our sons melt our hearts...we'd love to have them around us all the time...when they leave, they take a little piece of our heart.....AND, when they're around, we work ourselves to death to make sure they're comfy and well fed.

You'll "simmer down" and feel better soon....put your leg up....put on QVC - order yourself a sercy....pop a pill and REST!!!

love ya sista!
Patti

Very true comments about sons, My son is 37, I had him on my husbands 40th birthday, so he was sort of special!

He went to Sweden to work for 6 months and has been there for 6 years, he is tall, blonde and handsome has loads of girls around him, but never met Mrs Right (not yet anyway). He is a wonderful son, he and my daughter paid for me to go private for this op, he came home and stayed when I had it done and has popped back to see how things are going, he is great fun to be with always happy and everyone loves him, we are truly blessed as we have a daughter too who is just as lovely, but when he leaves, the house is so empty for a while.what a silly woman I am must be my age!!!

Jocely,
My son is 14, getting tall blonde, and has girls calling him. We had him when I had just turned 41.
I miss him when he just goes to school. I can't imaging when he leaves home. My wife and I will be basket cases. Or, I can see my wife following him and watching him with binoculars!!

Its not easy Doug! But if you want to keep them, you have to let them fly the nest and go!!

If you do that, they always come back, my son and my daughter still join us for a weeks holiday wherever we are in Europe, in fact his last words today to me were, "Just book us a nice place on the French Riviera for July, Mum!

My daughter just rang as she knew I would be upset at him leaving and said "Where are we all going this year Mum?"

You cant ask for more than that can you, must have done something right!!

I can understand about the binoculars, shes a girl after my own heart!!

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_grouphug2.jpg

I'm praying for you Jocelyn. I have two sons that will be leaving soon - one is 17 and a junior in High School, the other is 15 and a freshman. I just told the younger one the other night that he is my baby and he'll be the hardest one to let go of... so he better get prepared. Neither of them are interested in dating (my daughter is 21 and hasn't dated yet) because they are too busy with sports, school, and church activities. Girls do call and text them, but they consider them all just friends. Kind of funny to my husband... he said he'd love to have had as many girls calling him at their age.

And the weeping is just part of this whole process, only things are worse for us TKRs.

Know you are loved by all of us and that we are all pulling and praying for you. It gets better in steps... 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, etc.

God bless you this week!
Skeet

Skeet, I was so touched by your message, thankyou from the bottom of my heart, I didnt know that there were such people in the world like you lot on this forum, you have renewed my faith in mankind.

Goodnight and God Bless you and thankyou all!!

Jocelyn, this is the best bunch of folks I've ever known. Everyone will do what they can to help you out, provide advice, wisdom, jokes, support, empathy. This forum helped me through a lot of difficult weeks. Now that I'm feeling better, it's my turn to help others. I'm so glad you were encouraged.

God bless you,
Skeet

Josephine,
I played with one that was at the edge of a creek. I was sitting in a canoe. I poked it with a wooden paddle. It bit and broke the blade of the paddle in half. I almost fell out of the canoe on top of it-----yes, I did learn a lesson.

Almost,
His bite busted the blade down the middle.
I always tied a spare paddle in the canoe in case it overturned and we lost one.
Those are some nasty looking things. They are usually covered in algae.

Some folks actually catch them and eat them...
I've had sea turtle before they became protected and it was kind of like a cube steak.
But I don't think I'll be eating snapping turtle...Nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom