Are you practicing walking??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Doug.... you have been having a lot of experiences getting in touch with your "feminine side" lately......shaving/plucking your knee could be a whole new opportunity!

Boy is this one for me to stay out of.

Josephine,
Who is going to watch over us while you're gone for five whole days? Do you trust us to behave??

Good question - do I dare!! Think on second thoughts I'll take my laptop and see where I can hook up. No tellin' what y'all will get up to in 5 days!!

I used to have to shave my legs from the knees down so I could get taped before football games or Judo tournaments. I guess that made me the sensitive man I am today.
Josephine,
Are you going on holiday??(didn't think I would know that term did you)?

God Bless 'Em---
They've got you posting with a Southern drawl.....Eating grits yet?

US? Get in trouble in 5 days? LOL! I can't seem to stay out of trouble even when you are here for us all the time!

Maybe it would be better for your relaxation if you leave the laptop at home.... we could *try* to be good. :D

But we'd sure miss you!

Good question - do I dare!! Think on second thoughts I'll take my laptop and see where I can hook up. No tellin' what y'all will get up to in 5 days!!

Hey - well done that man! Though I do know you get a fair bit of Brit TV shows over there , so yes, I would expect you'd know holiday as I know vacation. Though to you a holiday is Christmas, right?

Well to get back on topic, I'm not actually going on hols but to a Christian conference in London. I have been invited to share in the flag worship which is really cool! And my contact has told me I have to go as she is convinced I will be getting an impartation. Well, I'm up for that!! Should be a good weekend but sadly, though I hoped to meet up with the Soul man, seems he's out of town for he weekend! Can't have everything

Hey doug---I talked to an umpire buddy of mine who had his knee done way back in early August, and he said that he still stiffins up from time to time. I had mine done in November, and it will stiffin up on me at school, but what I have found lately is that it doesn't stiffin up quite as bad, nor does it take as long to loosen up. This last wek has been the best wek so far for me walking really close to normal on two TKR's.

Tim C.

Well, first I don't know how we'll survive 5 days without you, Josephine. But we'll do our best. Sounds like a great holiday you have planned. What is an impartation? I guess I could look it up, but I'd have to move off my big behind and take off the ice and the dogs would get up and want outside and, well, it is just WAY too much for me right now :)

Well, I confess, I looked it up and still can't figure it out.
Speaking of dogs. Today was my male boxers first day at the beach....Let's just say he likes the water and tomorrow I'll be cleaning out my wife's SUV.

Good Morning, new found buddies!!

Its me again with my questions, yeaterday and today, the cut down my knee is unbearably sensitive, I can bear anything on it, my surgeon just said its normal as he cut a lot of nerves, has anyone got any tips to ease this soreness!!

Talk about rubbing salt into an open wound, thats what it feels like, do you think I have done this exercising too much, Bill is preaching say I want to run befoe I walk!! I just want to be normal again! Dont we all?

Jocelyn...I'm the same way. I think most of us are. I hate brushing up against anything....makes me shudder!

Oh right thanks for that Patti, I feel better knowing its normal, what would I do without all this reassuring infor, dont get it from anywhere else, How are you today, are you better, I have OA in my other knee and that has been a bit twingy, but its pouring with rain here, so that doesnt help, going to dinner with my daughter and the two little granddaughters, Molly aged 8 and Lily aged 4, so got to put on my "Nanny is fine, no problem" hat, dont convince Bill and my son who is here from Sweden for a few days. but you cant fool all of the people all of the time can you!! Once again thanks and hope you are feeling better today!!

Thank you, I'm feeling much better. We've got a big day planned, too. I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to kneel for communion!!! Guess I'll have to stand in the old lady section....oh well, most of them are my Aunts!!
The "other" knee is worrying me, too.....it makes my heart sink when it "twingys"....I'm not ready to deal with that one yet!!!

Have a great day with your family!!

It's the "wise and mature" person section. I'm glad we get to sit in the pews and take communion. At our old church, we had to go forward and kneel. I didn't like it at all.

Well, I have to admit, he has probably had to shake his head at me a number of times...I'm a Methodist by denomination. You would think that just the name would imply a certain "method" is followed. Nope, some go to the alter and stand, some kneel, and some pass it down the pews.(my preference). We've settled on the one that my son likes the most. A very active youth program..In these critical years, he's 14, I want him busy, busy, busy.

How things change - due to various circumstances I have had to cancel my trip. Just can't trust you all, y'see!!
wink.gif

Awwwwww.... we promised to be good!

Sorry your trip was cancelled..... sounded like you were looking forward to it.

Guess you will just have to put up with us instead!

Sorry your trip was cancelled. But we'll do our best to entertain you!

And as for practicing walking, I managed to get in 10650 steps yesterday! Finally met my goal of 10,000 or more! And felt pretty tired, but good. Today I'm already at 6600. Using a pedometer is really helpful. I used to think it was dumb... but I've changed my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom