THR April surgery August results<

24 16.1 oz bottles per case...5-7 of them handled 3 times before their final stop.
Makes for a tiresome day but I have not noticed hip swelling. The cases are two handed so that might have something to do with it. This house is step level so it means 3 steps up..one at a time . My dolly would be more work than help.

Have noticed my shoulders are enlarging..more muscles...sigh they are already extra wide.

:mcoffee: Morning, my FFF (fine feathered friend..:) :-) (:)
I have extra wide shoulders too.
I was a decent swimmer on the local swim team in high school which gave me a wide back and then all my work life I have engaged in strenuous lifting which I am learning to pare down now that I have these new hips.
I try to let others do when possible or reconfigure some loads so that they are under 40 lbs so it isnt so taxing on my hips and lower back.
The biggest bad habit I have tried to overcome is twisting when lifting or carrying heavy items.
Hard to remember when you are unloading large quantities.

Hope you have a great rest of the week. Try to take it easy.

Good morning to you! my southern beauty!!
I have been thinking of my shoulders, too. I think mine started because I worked from the age of 9. Picking up wagon loads of rocks and pulling them uphill.. Then later with a chainsaw and clearing the sprouts/saplings, weed sling on three acres of weeds.
So now I am way wide which makes for altering every pattern because rarely can I find store bought clothes that will fit.
In this rainy weather I have been seeing and have accomplished a lot.
I am trying to find a doily to load the water on and ease the steps! I know my hip does not like weight and neither does my heart.

I have been out 5 times before 8 and love this cool wet weather..rather be out than in!

I must needs catch you up with my doings. How else would you have anything to groan about?
After falling flat in agonizing pain from bumping into the brick stove pad ..again... busted my toe..... I decided enough was enough. I had already asked someone about removing the pad.. So I removed it last eve
. I found an old steel hammer in the barn and an as old steel spike of some sort that would do as a chisel.
You would have laughed to see me choke up on the hammer...interesting handle , no bigger than my index finger but the head probably weighed 24-32 oz. with a big side and a smaller side. Had to use the small side for a direct hit. 16 bricks, two rest periods, carried out two buckets of cement. But they are all gone. A rug is in place over the cement board which is still to be moved.
Today....Stiff , yes. Sore, yes Hip swollen , yes.

But I can still walk, still take the dogs out and keep them in control.
And last week I canned 4 canners of chicken, beef, beans, and chili.
Endurance runs the race.

:umm:well that serves that stupid pad right!
And made your hip sore keeping it from making you bust your hind end.

Sounds like something I would do...(not a compliment):) :-) (:

Well it is gone now. And yum scrum on the canned goodies.
You are a tough nut...try to chill for the rest of the week.
Ice that hip!
((((Hugs))))

I was brought up to be a lady........ Someday maybe do.... but I must always been the type to do things because it was always....she can do it ..let her.
Ice yes, I need to but have walk the dogs. Have seeing begging to be finished.

Thanks for the encouragement!!
Love you

Someday maybe do.... but I must always been the type to do things because it was always....she can do it ..let her.
Same.
Used to think those dingy helpless women were dumb, but maybe not so.
If I'm reincarnated, I shall be the most fragile soul possible.
Think they are on to something. :giggle:

:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

What am I gonna do with you two?!! :shrug:
You're each a hoot! :heehee:

After reading your post from Tuesday, I hope you're doing okay, dear Mudhen.
Wishing you comfort. Stay safe, even though it may feel like no fun, lol. :wink:
@Mudhen

Look I told you ...you need something to groan about! Or maybe laugh!
When you live alone and things don’t go right, either you laugh or cry or do both. Best to see the funny side!
I am tired today but bread is rising.
I have walked with the dogs through the snow...less trouble this morning than yesterday. I didn’t walk them !!! They wanted to play in the snow and I did not. I left them to get the play out of their system. So today they knew play would be at the end of the walk.
Perseverance is the name of the game for me. I cannot sit long after a “fall” I will get stiff so I keep doing something.

Vinegar and honey are good for arthritis so my friend said, but it is also good for infection.

You're precious, Mudhen.
Have a wonderful day and rest of the week! :friends:

Thank you Layla.... sigh...always so I guess . You can choose your friends but not your family.
I appreciate the understanding here.

Hi @Mudhen
How's life treating you.
The rain in my area for the past weeks has us all Mudhens.
Today is sunny and cool and I'm grateful that I may be able to catch up on my Vitamin D.
Hope your weekend is Sunny.:SUNsmile:

Rain has been no stranger here..instead has become an intrenched family member. Has provided its own music of swish, swish with every step outdoors.

Went down to see my 92 year old friend. She has suffered agony since getting knee and hip broke at work 10 years ago. I took her a pair of scetcher (so) . She tried one on and she could stand straight without agony. Her broken hip left her between 1/2 -3/4 inch shorter . I told her to wear the two different shoes and she said she would. So hard to see her suffer. When the accident happened they fixed her knee but did not even look at her hip..she went nine months before they realized that was why she could not walk.

Oh my stars... For your elderly friend but how nice for you to bring her a shoe to help ...
Small kindnesses can make big impacts.:friends:

My dear friends I am bidding you goodbye. I deeply appreciate the encouragement you gave me, . And thank you for suggesting the magnesium as it has made a huge difference.
May everyone heal quickly and with no complications.

Aww, dear Mudhen....I’ll miss you! Please stop in once and awhile and let us know how you’re doing. I’ve enjoyed reading about your adventures,
Wishing you love, peace, happiness and sending a warm hug your way.
:friends: :loveshwr: Take good care of yourself!
@Mudhen

I, too, hope you will pop by and give proof of life, my fine feathered friend .
I hope spring is sweet.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom