THR April surgery August results<

Oh...just caught it was adopted nephew...I read as son:doh:
Great auntie I guess is more appropriate.
The circle of life...:sigh:

There is the possibility that we actually might be related with our great great great grandparents ..... But yes the circle of life....

That happened in our family also @Mudhen
My granddaughter was born one evening and the grandmother I was closest to passed away the next morning. As sad as it was to lose my grandmother gaining my new baby granddaughter felt like a comforting exchange.

Hopefully you'll get to meet the little baby sometime in the near future. Fifty degrees yesterday sounds like lovely weather compared to what we're dealing with here. Even 30F doesn't sound bad. Stay warm and stay safe on your feet if you get snow over the next few days. Enjoy the weekend!

Layla, Mojo333, and everyone else!!
I feel I have made another milestone. Would that be the correct word?
I slept a good part of the night on my right hip! Something I have not been able to do because of the swelling.
No swelling in my hip!! Another first and it has been 20 months. Yes I still have spasms but never so severe as they were.
Rest has helped my hip but has been very hard on my mind.
I built the last fire in my stove a week ago Sunday.
I kept busy because I did not want to think of

The last fire? Is it suddenly warm in Missouri? Been burning mine pretty steady here.

No it is warm today but it was NOT warm when I stopped burning wood. Eman, I can not load wood without it bothering my hip. Really I do want to get better and this has not helped. I do have propane but it is hard to give up 50 years of burning wood!
I know you have just had your second hip surgery recently. May all go well with you!

Awesome news, dear Mudhen. Yes, I would consider the side sleeping a milestone if it's been unattainable until now. I hope the ability to do so made for a comfy peaceful night's sleep. Good to hear the swelling has resolved also.

Take the recommended daily dose of Magnesium for a while and see if the spasms continue to lessen. Fingers crossed it helps. :fingersx:

Stay warm, whatever it takes. Hopefully you're resting comfortably and sleeping with visions of sugar plums dancing in your head. :heehee: Just trying to keep it festive, lol. :banana-santa:

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2020!
Sending love and hugs. :loveshwr: :friends:
@Mudhen

Thank you, Layla . Yes I must say it made me happy to sleep on my right side!! And surprised to feel the swelling all gone after so very long.
May you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year with those you love!

IMG_4180.PNG

Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry you're having a slow recovery. I worked so hard cutting and splitting before my surgery so we'd be preapred. We cut a lot of logs off of the property and gave away probably 30 loads of wood beside what we kept. I can load the stove but I get someone else to load the racks. We have gas but I like the wood a lot better.

:yahoo:
Great to hear...
Yep, I am right after you for hip replacements ...and my hips do not like heavy load bearing. Its true.
So glad you were able to sleep on that side...try to keep babying it if possible so we can keep this good thing going!

Merry Christmas, my fine feathered hippy pal.:friends:

:wreath::carols::wreath:

Happy New Year, Mudhen!
I hope you're doing well and have a wonderful 2020 filled with happiness, health, peace and love. :loveshwr:
Hugs :friends:

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
@Mudhen

Thank you Layla.
May you be richly blessed in the new year with loving friends and family
Few tears and many hugs
Peace and not strife.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

The more posts I read the more puzzled I get. My surgeon told me...
Then another my surgeon told me ...exactly opposite
Maybe 1/2 dozen different remarks for the same type of surgery.
Same about breaks... I walked two days after surgery...or
none weight bearing for 6 weeks , and on it goes.
I realize we all heal differently by I wonder why so very differently.

Ha! Me too. It is puzzling at times. :shrug: I'll take a stab at your question.
Personally, I think we heal differently based on what condition we came to joint replacement in, our age, general health, diet, mental outlook, activity level, pre-existing health conditions etc.

I'm sure surgeon's prescribe recovery protocol based on what they've found to work through experience, what they glean about each patient through information collected and the impression they get of their patient through the limited connections they have pre-op. My best guess.
What are your thoughts, dear Mudhen?

I hope you have a great week! :friends:
@Mudhen

Honestly, I do not know! On my surgery I was asked NO questions about anything. X-rays showed a shattered femur neck , he said the ball and socket were all right but they would replace it. He said he would do minimal surgery and I would be up and walking out of surgery. Sure...I would have but I had been without food or water for over 30 hours.
But I did walk with no limits on weight bearing.
So knowing me which they had no background at all is not it.

How are you doing now....wondering if you're struggling with any issues currently? Because if you are, I sure hope you will seek out a solution. You're so active and hopefully still have many years of life to live. I'd hate to see you sidelined and unable to do the things you want to do.
Hugs
@Mudhen

If I remember to take the magnesium I don't have the cramps.
I know of a certainly that I have a hip made by man. But the swelling is gone if I do not do certain things. Weight is the worse thing. But every once in a while I have to carry weight...like when I buy water. But I do better if I carry most weight on my right side.

I do hope you hips are in good health!!

Well it's good to know you don't have the cramps when you remember to supplement with the Magnesium. I seems overacticity, or underactivity can lead to swelling at times. Can you purchase smaller containers of water or push or wheel them to where you store them? If you're talking about those big
5 gallon bottles they are heavy and awkward for sure.
My two hips, the fake and the natural are doing okay, thanks, Mudhen! :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom