THR April surgery August results<

No...didn't know what a Mudhen was.
Figured it's a hen that lurks in the mud. :heehee:

Too bad the music stopped, that's unless it was enjoyable and you wanted it to go on longer. Anything has to sound better than what kept me awake last evening. An outdoor party with Whitney Houston's.. I Will Always Love You blaring and sung by a bunch of loud drunken MEN trying to hit all the high notes. While it kept me awake, it was rather comical, I wish I could have witnessed it in person.

Keep on resting and get all better now...okie dokie? :wave:
@Mudhen

The music started up again and has been going on non stop. As loud as it is I n my house I would think it would deafen those close in.
Honestly I know not , but am guessing it is Jazz.
The Blues band has a sax player which I have not heard.
Lightly raining now which was expected.
This Mudhen looks muddy when dirty paws get on me!
Take a nap Layla!

Happy Wednesday!
Hope your week is going well and your hip is feeling strong.
Don't work too hard now...ya hear? :wink:
Have a good one, dear Mudhen :)
@Mudhen

Sorry dear @Layla, Mudhen is stuck in the mud...
All Wednesday spent catching up on things, enjoying being outside...
Thursday , well this is Thursday. Mudhen is still in mud ,
no get out , so sit in mud. Much rain must come to get Mudhen out.

Sigh someday I hope to be able to enjoy life
and realize my working days are over.

Hello and Happy Friday :wave:
I hope things are looking up for you today, Mudhen.
Wishing you a weekend that is all you want it to be!
Hugs
@Mudhen

Yes...please have a good weekend, my lovely stuck in the mud hen.
:tada:

My morning started with mopping the floor on my hands and knees. Took a shower and endeavored to get dressed which became a chore as in the first weeks after surgery. I persevered and managed to completely dress.
Other than wash clothes I have done very little today. Only took the dogs on one walk instead of four.
Makes me wonder if I have permanent damage because I knew not what to do until four months after my surgery. After all the surgeon said I would be back to normal like now....

I used the picker up to pick up metal , and later limbs for the brush pile. Now if I only could figure how to use it in spot scrubbing the floor.

Wonder what has got you out of sorts?
Is it your hips or just body aches and stiffness cause we ain't spring chickens....:umm:
You are super hardy and probably do more labor intensive tasks than most...
And if you take that some say up to 2 years even...maybe you can still overdo?
I hope you take it easy tonight...my floor needs scrubbing.
I'm tired.
Ain't happening tonight.
Hugs, my friendxxxxx

I wonder if it was the up and down stairs and the 300 miles I drove last Wednesday. I need a new recliner...I cannot sit on anything soft.
Sorry Mojo333 I am not telling you why I had to mop the floor....

You have a nice evening and your floors aren't dirty or need mopping unless you stick to them.

Happy Monday evening to you, Mudhen :wave:
I gave up the get on my hands and knees scrubbing biz in 1999. Dead serious. I had enough by then, my knees started hurting. I'm a pretty picky housekeeper but a stick vac and steam mop work just as well and it's saved my knees. I wish you'd find a way to get away from that, dear Mudhen, you've served your time. :wink:
Heck, even a Swiffer Wet Jet (I think that's what it's called would help)

I'm sure if you're struggling with discomfort lately navigating stairs, 300 mi of driving and a bum recliner aren't helping. I sure hope you can find a comfy place to rest and feel better soon.
Hugs
@Mudhen

Thanks Layla for the suggestions. I will give it thought. I prefer mopping on my knees and I love my wood floors. This morning knee work was required.
I am sitting in my wood rocker with a thin cushion. I have been described as not having any cushioning of my own. I do, but not where it is needed.
Also I am working on a big thick Sudoku book.....
You have a good evening too. Still warm here the tornadoes did not come here last night, just heavy rain.

How are you doing, friend?
I'll bet you're getting ready to batten down the hatches...Winter is coming soon. I hope you're doing well and being good to that hip, not working it too hard. Wishing you a lovely Monday and a great week!
@Mudhen

Best to you @Layla! I am trying to not go to excess in work but fall has always been my busiest time of year. I cut the okra down Saturday and that was a chore!! It was the African variety and basically small trees! The beans were removed last week too. But so far no frost. Rather unusual. But forecast says 20's....
I reread my posts and see some things never changed. I tire easy but I am resting longer which is a big help. Ice on my hip when swollen is not always the answer.
But how are you , my dear, are you still working 8-5? Hope you are doing well.

I'm well @Mudhen, thanks for asking. I'm no longer doing the daily grind in the workplace. You've been busy outdoors as I imagined. The 20's are too cold this early it seems, but we're having daytime highs in the upper 30's for a few days so it's a reality....it's coming. It's good to hear you're allowing yourself more rest time. I'm sorry ice isn't always a great help. Please take it easy, don't wear yourself out. Stay safe and have a good week!
Hugs :friends:
@Mudhen

You too deserve your time free from the daily grind. @Layla . I might have retired at 59 but I started when I was nine years old. I have not quit..just doing things differently.
I cut out a wool shirt this afternoon, and trimmed it with corduroy or it will be when I put it together hopefully tomorrow.

Is said we also might get some weather in the teens . About 15 years ago we had 0 degrees. Trees were in full leaf and full of sap. Leaves froze and fell covering the ground. Trees split with loud cracking noises.

Guess that is why I loved the western desert. The temperature dropped in the fall and slowly rose to spring.
70's are predicted again. after this cold spell.

Do have a wonderful evening!

I cut out a wool shirt this afternoon, and trimmed it with corduroy or it will be when I put it together hopefully tomorrow.

You sound like a Proverbs 31 woman. I fall so short of the mark, I give up :boohoo:I can barely thread a needle these days.:heehee:
You put some of us to shame, Mudhen. Take it easy, take it slow, it will all still be there tomorrow, right? :wink:
Love and hugs to you :friends:

I think if you knew why I did not sew yesterday ....you would say differently!!!
Yes it is still there without a stitch. Instead....I am putting a jumper together I started 25 or more years ago. I gave up on it then because Madame Skinny was no longer a 12. I made another and wore it out...forgot about this one... But I have learned over the years ALL patterns must be altered...for me and that is what I am doing...it will match the shirt when it is put together.
@Layla thank you for your sweet spirit! Thanks to all who have encouraged me.

How much is too much? So research says muscle spasms are the results of overdoing. I have raked leaves for maybe 30-45 minutes a time in 3 days out of ten. But the spasms started before this.
I no longer mop on my knees, I still walk the the dogs 2-3 times a day bringing my steps up to at least 2000 daily with the dogs.

My spasms have been to the point I cannot put weight on that leg. Once they quit I am ok. But I want to overcome this!!!

I know otherwise my upper back muscles are worn out from 40 plus years of cutting wood with a heavy saw. I am learning to work around that.. as it affects my sewing too.
But suggestions help on the cause of these spasms would be appreciated.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom