THR April surgery August results<

@Mudhen---clearly you aren't inactive!:) In fact it sounds like you are always on the go.

Earlier you had mentioned how many things you were having to do for yourself since you didn't have many"helpers" nearby. My comment about doing things you like each day was not about being active....it was about trying to be sure you are doing some of the fun things (like your quilts, sewing, etc.) each day that make you feel relaxed.

As I mentioned earlier, those of us who are on our home have special challenges since it all comes down to us, and there is no one there to pick up the slack. Not an easy spot to be in when you are recovering, since so many of the tasks are "have to's" just to keep our homes/lives functioning.

So glad you are seeing progress. I agree that sometimes it is slow and hard to see but then you look back and see how far you have come!:flwrysmile:

:unsure:Oh my...I would be the last person to accuse YOU of being inactive. I guess I just think about how much sitting I do when the weather is rotten and how 'stove up' I get. Don't know if that is a term used in your neck of the woods...

Hope today is a Good Day.

Good morning! What is the old saying about walking a mile in your shoes?
This is the most understanding place I have been. People care...you have all been "there".
I am seriously thinking about getting a metal detector and maybe a fishing magnet... I think I would really enjoy that.
And yes there are many people that talk about the rotten weather.
I can't do anything about it so yes the quilts were in some very bad weather like snow and ice. We have had very little just snow , mostly mixed wintery weather which means slick!!!
Today is extremely windy..proba pro a lot of limbs to pick up but unless they are on the driveway I think I will turn a blind eye!

Thanks, Mudhen....we do care! :friends: And you're right, it's because we get it!

The weather has been awful in many places and winter feels never ending. I suppose more so for those of us who fear navigating the icy / slippery terrain of driveways, sidewalks and parking lots. THR sure makes one keenly aware of situations that pose a slipping or falling hazard. You develop an entirely different gait walking on those surfaces.
On a happy note, the calendar shows that Spring is on its way! :yes!: :yay: :happydance: :flwrysmile:
To brighter days, I hope today is a good one for you! :SUNsmile:
@Mudhen

Some people have compassion and some learn it the hard way. This site has many compassionate people!!!

Aw..Debru you want this pup???! This morning I put her out on her long rope to tend to her business.
I went back out to bring her in...without her short leash...but I have brought her in on her collar many times..
She suddenly decided she did not want to go into the house , twisted out of her collar and was gone! I never chase a dog.
When she goes wild like this there is no way to get close to her. So I went back to the house with the knowledge she was in trouble because this is the first time she ever was free without collar or lead.
The neighbor went flying by and I saw a blur of movement...she was flying right after him..... I went to see if she had come back and yes she had...not even breathing hard. She came in on the porch and I caught her...she is now wearing the harness I ordered and just came in yesterday evening. She is getting more challenging.....
And Mojo I never thought you were criticizing!!!

:friends:Sweet Dreams @Mudhen
Bad puppy:dogwalk:. :no-fin:

You know I mentioned getting a metal detector.....?
I did and put it to work. Or is it me to work? The MD beeps, dig hole sift dirt to find, get up go on with the MD beep.lots of stuff without value..well the metal I found will go for scrap. The nails or wire will not be getting in tires, and beep right below the surface a knife blade pointed upwards...sharp point!!!
The first time I mowed the lawn after buying this place I ruined the tires..5 or more nails per tire. I certainly see why. Back then I saw metal sticks ng up and dug it out.
So I knew I would find plenty of stuff with this detector and I am!!!
For some reason I am sore and rather tired....But I went to bed last night without a big knot on my hip!!!

Great to hear, @Mudhen :tada:

Can you find us some real cool buried treasure with your new toil (toy + tool)?
It's what I call stuff I want to rationalize I need, but what I like to play with.:heehee:

Now let's see...what do you prefer...I have found so many shades of glass, a toy airplane I think it is a toy , I mean surely not an award...
If I can hold out ...I think the best is yet to come!!! I started in the yard and am headed for the barn ,then the woods.....

I would so like one of these.
I hunt for indian arrowheads and artifacts.
No detector...just a connection to the Indian gods!
Don't let all that bending get you a membership to the ODIC

I can probably find more than one arrow Head. There are round stone balls that may have been used for grinding grain...
No telling what I will find in the woods..or even further towards the barn.
I am not doing so much bending as I am getting down on my knees to look in the hole. I can push myself up with my arms.... The weather is too nice to stay indoors....

Sounds like you're having fun, Mudhen.
May your hip serve you well as you're putting on mileage and getting up and down off of the ground in search of buried treasures. I wish you luck and hope you score some awesome finds.
Hopefully the weather cooperates and you're able to enjoy the rest of the week outdoors!
@Mudhen

Thank you Layla! I am an outdoor person and this has been a long winter for me indoors.
I am just so thankful that painful night time knot has gone away.
I have spent several hours at this new hobby but not all at one time . , It is easier to be up and down with the metal detector than it is to be on my knees scrubbing the floor!
It may rain today but.....
Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Happy Wednesday! :flwrysmile:
I'm happy for you that the pain is gone. Pain is definitely draining and negatively affects our mood.
It can ruin an otherwise perfectly good day. I still remember it well.

We're cloudy here today but it will supposedly be sunny and close to 60 on Saturday. I'm excited, I can't wait.
I hope you have a wonderful day also. :SUNsmile:
@Mudhen

Yes pain is draining, but the UTIs about did me in.
Supposed to be near 60 today , a was an u believable 65 yesterday!
By the looks of the buds on the trees , the early buds were frozen. There is no sign of green yet!

Hi @Mudhen
Hope you are high and dry!
Prayers for all in your neck of the woods.

No problem here with water! I am on a hill. It has been so dry that the rains have soaked in.

What does it mean to find so many broken arrow heads?
I do live in the Trail of Tears area...

Probably could've been a settlement there...

A question...for I do not know how long.. I have felt liquid trickling down my leg. But yet it is not to be found on the outside. The scar is thoroughly healed, no seepage on the outside. So is this on the inside?
It is so real I always check my clothes expecting to find them wet. This happens infrequently not all the time and I have yet to set an occasion that causes it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member