THR April surgery August results<

Belated Happy New Year @Mudhen
1546117540-HAPPY_NEW_YEAR.jpg

Did you ever follow up on your concerns?
I do so hope you are doing better.

Hi Mudhen,
Wondering how you're doing / feeling?
Is your leg any better? Hopefully you're staying warm.
This winter seems to be pretty brutal for most.
Leave an update when you have time. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
Stay warm and enjoy the weekend!
@Mudhen

I read most posts as they come in. Really makes me wonder sometimes about the answers the surgical team gives. Do they really mean what they say?
I was told my implant was put in loose to allow bone to grow around it. Therefore the 90% rule if not adhered to could cause dislocation.
If I could have lots of rest.. maybe things would be different. I go to bed every night minus a few, with a painful knot on my hip bone. It hurts for the covers or pressure on it. In the morning it is gone.
I have not been using ice as often probably as I should...but this very cold weather has left me chilled without it.
By resting with my feet up every hour or so I get along.
I made 6 quilts on the sewing machine in 2 weeks. That put me back on my cane to be able to walk at all. There were times I longed for the walker.
My days are divided up into segments.

Hi @Mudhen
I'm happy you posted. I've noticed you around the forum and have wondered how you're doing.
I recall you were struggling a bit and I wish we could try to help. Would you be interested in communicating
with Josephine if I tagged her to try to get you some advice? My heart goes out to you in not feeling better at almost 11 months post op. I'd like to see you in a better place, or at least working toward improvement slowly. Think about it and let us know if we can help in any way.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort.

Layla, that is nice of you.
I am hoping to sell here and go elsewhere. To that end I have turned my duties as guardian over to responsible person. I am still guardian and have to weigh in on important matters. But I no longer have to make the long monthly trips nor make or purchase her clothes.
A nice warm place would be so nice. With friendlier people than here.

I think my hip is stressed from daily work. But I have to be so careful where I sit. If either too hard or too soft it causes. give agonizing groin pain.
Thank you again for your concern in your busy life.

@Mudhen---it sounds like you have been in survival mode for a long time. When you are in that spot it is hard to see the big picture. Kind of like you are putting out brush fires as they come up, frantically putting out one only to have another pop up. For those who live alone and have total responsibility for their own health and home, it really can be overwhelming.

Do you have a friend or family member that you can bounce ideas off of? Maybe someone to help you come up with a plan/list of things you want/need to do to get healthy and in a spot where you can move forward? Sometimes that helps me a lot.

No matter what you do, be sure not to be so stoic that you ignore something health wise that could be fixed if you followed up. I've heard of people who ignored something and ended up spending many, many years in pain as a result. Sounds like you are are active person, and I'm sure you'd like to spend the next 30 years with less pain. Take care!:)

February I am on the way to bed..but stopped to read your post. You have such reasoning and understanding...
The answer is no I do not have anyone. My family said common occurrence no problem. Neighbors said you walked from the car to the house after surgery , you are doing fine.
So I keep to myself and do as I can and hire the rest.
I am thankful each morning that I usually rise without pain.
Thank you for your kind words.

:wave:@Mudhen
Sounds like you are ready to do something different and good for you.
I'm happy you were able to take some steps to get some of your guardian responsibilities off of you.
You deserve some You time and hope you find a warmer place you can do this...warmer weatherwise and people-wise.
Maybe with the weather warming you can do less sitting and find out if this is just some ongoing muscle/tendon issue?
I recall you did alot of heavy lifting at points in recovery...as I do at times for my work.
My hips definitely complained and my lower back so I've had to curb these activities when possible.

I am rooting for you to feel better and start a new chapter in your life. :friends:

Last edited:
Until I got propane in yes I used wood. I could not have continued to though. That was indeed too much Mojo!
I was severely weakened by 16 bouts of UTI. Finally got on top of that the last of November. I had one mild case last month.
Hopefully with spring on the way..... I am not putting in a garden . Too much bending and squatting.
Hope you are also seeing signs of spring and that this last cold spell did not harm any if your plants!

Hee hee:shrug: what plants?
I have a black thumb...I can kill a cactus!
My weeds grow well...so I get some flowers...dandelions and the like.:)
I do have beautiful azalea bushes blooming and dogwoods.
I am grateful...we are in full spring and it has been it's usually warm winter.
Southeast is great weather...except for the occasional hurricane/tornado.

Glad you aren't wood chopping!
Hope spring is on your way.:flwrysmile:

I lost my beloved companion dog in September. I now have a pup that has killed everything I planted in containers except on pot hidden in the laundry room. So my black thumb has 4 legs .....

Rain finally washed the snow away..... But with the weather we have had..I am not at all sure of spring. No blooms yet of any kind. That is unusual as by this time gardens are planted and early flowers abound. We had a late winter.....

I would love to travel but not sure how much my hip could take .

I hope you are able to re-locate, if that's your desire. A fresh start may be just what you need, dear Mudhen.
It's great that your guardian responsibility has eased some allowing you more time to engage in other ways.
With any luck that groin pain eases with less responsibility and hopefully a little more rest. It must be a nuisance. I'm sorry you continue to deal with that. And the sixteen UTI's had to be stressful. Thankfully it seems to be under better control.

I now have a pup that has killed everything I planted in containers except on pot hidden in the laundry room. So my black thumb has 4 legs ....

That is funny! :heehee: I'm sorry you lost your beloved companion dog in September. It's difficult to lose our furry friends :console2: While the pup will never replace your other dog I'm sure you'll develop a bond over time as you create memories together.
I hope you have a lovely day! :flwrysmile:
@Mudhen

Thank you Layla!

I am working on tasks that I can do without stress and pain. Sigh I am becoming a new me.
As is often the case , wards do not like their guardians, and that is the case with mine. But suspected that and the home realized it was true. Me backing off has brought a welcome change to all. I do call frequently to see how she is or to advise in money matters.

I will always have my beloved companion in my heart. This pup is not a companion and I see no sign of loyalty in her . But maybe that is just what I needed another change and no garden...

Wishing you a wonderful day!

I love your attitude. It sounds easy breezy like you've simply decided to roll with "whatever."
I aspire to that notion...one day...IF I ever grow up :wink:
@Mudhen

I am making drapes today .... That is new!!!!!
Ok Layla....but really my childhood begin to end at nine...from that point on I chose work....

Glad you're doing good. Shame you're not closer I have so much wood it's crazy! We logged the property I own and there is so much wood I'm trying to give it away, with little success, I don't think people want to work any more. I have 20 pallets cut,split and dry already and about 4 truck loads waiting to be split. That's not even counting what's on the ground from the logging. I still love wood heat and last year during my recovery I would carry it in 1 piece at a time to feed the stove. On the other hand there's a lot of other things beside work. My daughter laughs at me now when I say it's break time. She says when she lived here there were no breaks until dark. I keep doing, just at a slower pace and less heavy lifting.

Eman...
Honestly I do not know what to think of people. There is good money in selling wood here. Last season in the first couple of weeks...$5000 from selling wood at $110 a cord. This season they hauling it 20-25 miles south. Probably adding fuel fee.
I could not get anyone to bring me wood and was going to the Amish mill and loading my Jeep. I menrmenti my need to my plumber and he brought me a load. He at least is a man that works. He charges for his labor about half what the others charge and does twice the work willing and well !!!
I hope by next winter if I still live here that I can go back to wood.
But for sure I feel it is important to listen to our body when it starts protesting!

I fully understand the body protesting! My body protests a lot and I never really listened to it much which is probably why I have a lot of the aches and pains I have now. We decided to cut back on the garden this year especially after all of the rain last year making a mess. Hard to plow out potatoes in a field of mud.

Mudhen--it sounds like you are ready for a fresh start, and I hope you can make that happen for yourself. There are so many incredible things to do and experience, and when we are stuck in a spot where the things we have to do are physically and mentally hard, or even negative, it makes daily life pretty grueling.

For me, in addition to having things I enjoy and value doing, having a good support system around and people I like being around is critical. From your description that has been missing in your current situation.

Perhaps once you start feeling better you will be able to find some kindred spirits nearby if you aren't able to move yet. Just make sure you add something in every day that you enjoy----that makes you smile.

And that puppy of yours----oh my, to have a pup and be in the middle of recovery!:umm: But he will grow up before you know it, and hopefully will grow into a good companion as well:)

Debru and Mojo....
I am not inactive..I do not sit around all the time. ...only when I do not feel like being on my feet.
Getting those 6 quilts made was a necessity for others not me. Even though I spent nearly 8 hours a day on them..I had to take breaks and often walked around the place. .I have always been a fast walker...now I walk slower. Tried walking my usual pace , and there was protest from my groin.
Today I got the hardware for my new drapery rod up .I lost count of the times I was up and down the stepstool. I feel I have made progress even if I have bad days. I am very thankful for my faith in God.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back