Reverse Shoulder Replacement April 20th here I come

Status
Not open for further replies.

straitsview

Country
United States United States
Reverse replacement and Bicep repair here goes. APril 20th countdown. Finally cleared cardio today woo hoo scared but ready

good luck tomorrow and i am going in too. But for a biceps tenodesis and rotator repair. Not looking forward to it. I wish you luck

Best Wishes tomorrow!
I hope you have an uneventful surgery and an easy recovery!
@straitsview

Hi there I'm back, day four post-op I'm finally feeling up to looking at the computer. I did have a complication prior to surgery they did the nerve block and it blocked my diaphragm as well as my shoulder so I literally could not breathe.when they laid me down on the table in the operating room I could not move air in and out of my lungs it was really scary. Has this ever happened to anyone else? They finally got my breathing so they could put me under and do the surgery but for two days after surgery I couldn't breathe very well it was scary. So I kind of consider myself two days behind because I didn't really move a lot because I couldn't breathe. As long as I keep up with my pain meds the pain is tolerable. My doctor wanted me out of my sling on day 3 that's not happening it hurts too much. PT was supposed to start yesterday that didn't happen either. I don't know if I'm just being a big baby or what. But at least I'm on the other side. Sorry for any typos I'm talking into my phone and I really am not doing a great job of it.

Hello Straitsview: I have a question about the bicep repair / tenodesis: I'm not sure if those are interchangeable terms. I had the tenodesis done with the Reverse shoulder last July. If you had this almost a year ago, how long did it take for that area to heal for you? I've noticed that with my PT there is somewhat of a bruising/tightness feeling there when I stretch. I feel like it's hindering me from going further in the PT. Any help from your experience greatly appreciated.

@katcurryhobble - this member has not posted since last April. I tried to "ping" via @ but it didn't take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft