Appointment with Surgeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site underwent an upgrade on Tuesday night and there appear to still be some glitches to work out. Most of us can see all the forums and threads. Here's something you could try: clear your cache and history, close your browser, and go back into your browser. See if that works.

If it doesn't, post here again and I'll alert the tech folks to your problem.

I can only see mine now. I can see the links for the threads. But when I click on them it goes to private and will not access. I use two separate computers thru the day. Both of them show the same thing. The one from home last night and the one here at work. My tablet also.

I reported your problem to the tech staff. I hope they fix whatever glitch is standing in your way!

Well I think it is time for a little update. Even though there is still a lot of time before the tkr happens.
I have been steady with the stretches and exercises. I have been able to loose a few pounds as well.
The stretches and exercises have helped enough to the point I have been able to get out and walk more.
I am now up to about 2 miles at a time. About 3 miles or just over 6000 steps for the whole day. I so enjoy being able to get out on lunch time and walk. I have to figure out a way to keep the steps up when winter sets in. :idea: Ideas welcome!!

I plan on walking outdoors through November and into the winter months as long as it's not below 0 or snow covered. The cold doesn't bother me too much if I'm moving. I also have a treadmill, but prefer walking outdoors.

I also prefer walking outdoors, so plan to do so whenever there's no snow or ice on the sidewalks. Here in Philly, that's usually most of the winter. Winters are mild by what I grew up with (Wisconsin). I see you live in Huntington. I have a slew of relatives there (all of Dad's relations live there) and lived there for a while. I recall it being quite hilly unless right by the river. One good option for walking, if you have one close to you, is an indoor shopping mall. One of our Smarties, @Pheebs52, goes to a nearby Lowe's for walking. So a big box store might work also.

I also love to walk outside. I am fortunate in that part of Huntington that is fairly straight less hilly. I work for the University and am in the downtown building. The old Stone and Thomas building. I have an hour for lunch and walk then most of the time. I hope for a mild winter so I can walk outside. But there is a rec center I can go to. I just don't want the cost to go with it.:heehee:
@KarriB I think I will invest in some sweat shirts to use to walk outside. Maybe leave one here at work to use for the walking.
@SusieShoes there is also a Lowe's across the bridge not far from here I could go to. Great idea. Hubby may have to cook more if I start doing the Lowe's thing. That is a win win for me.:yes: He does his part to thou.

I know the area. :) Marshall's a great school and Dad was a Thundering Herd fan to the end of his days. And there's nothing wrong with a man having to do more of the cooking. Your hubby may discover a hidden talent! Mr. Shoes has become quite good at sandwiches.

Hubby has been adding to his recipes. He is becoming a good cook. He likes the one skillet meals or the one pan from the oven. I have been at Marshall for about 3 years now. Yes I think it is a great school too. I am a transplant for Charleston. I really like the Huntington area. I have lived in the state most of my life.

I also much prefer outdoor walking and loathe treadmills, so Home Depot has been my *friend* on super hot days and will continue to be so during the winter. Outdoor walking is a bit tricky when first recovering, so you'll find it much easier and safer to achieve inside Lowes!

It sounds as though you'll be in excellent shape fitness-wise once you go in for your TKR; kudos!

@Pheebs52 if every thing stays on track with surgery times I will be just breaking into some spring. So I see Lowe's in my future for at least half of the time I think. Even level walking for a bit. Everyone here at work will be up for the walking around the block a few times with me once I am back. My sister has a treadmill she likes real well. I don't have room for one and am not real sure I would like it. I love the outdoors. The fresh smells and everything that goes with it. I am trying to do the stay in shape. Some days it gets a little rough. My hubby likes to call me hard headed. :yes!:It does come in handy when trying to do battle with arthritis.

Hi Teri,
Just going through the beginning stages of all this myself. Perhaps you will get an earlier call. I am waiting until November as my surgeon is quite busy as well.

Hello @PoetryChef some days it does seem to be a bear but we trudge on to get to the prize of no pain. November is not to far away, still seems like it though I am sure. The busy surgeons tell they are really good at what they do. There is plenty of good reading on this site. There are also some very good folks that are walking along right with us or just ahead of us. Makes it a bit better sometimes I think to be able to ask questions and know I can get answers from those that have already been there. I have gotten some great advice on things to get and do to prepare for the coming journey. Very nice to meet you.

Ahhh, my first year of teaching was in Spencer County, WV, about 5 hours from Pittsburgh.

I have a few fleece sweatshirts I layer and when it was colder. In March I wore a down vest and ear muffs also. I'm weird that I enjoy summer, fall and winter! I always laugh that I'd travel south during the early spring and not winter.

@KarriB I love spring, summer and fall. When I was younger didn't mind the winter. But now not so much. Maybe once the knee is straight I will enjoy it more. I have not been to Pittsburgh yet. Hubs and I have a list of the counties here in WV that we count off as we go thru them. We have talked about traveling in that direction to mark off some of the ones we haven't been to yet. Traveling south in the spring is an awesome time to go. Less traveled and yes a little cooler.

Good Morning Bonesmarties!! It is a great day here! Sunny and a nice cool morning as well. I woke the chickens up this AM as I always do and it just seems to be a fantastic day. Thought it be good to share.

I was up with the chickens as well. Actually, there are chickens in the next block. I see them out sometimes while walking. I never thought I'd see chickens in the city!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
rubyedith
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom