• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone with Cobalt poisoning/complications?

OcnGrl

Country
United States United States
Hello. I am writing on behalf of my 84 yr old mother who had a partial hip replacement in October 2021. She has never been the same since. But over the past year she has developed severe anxiety and other symptoms which have recently increased in the severity and frequency. Someone mentioned cobalt poisoning to me and I've started doing research and there are medical journal articles and case studies discussing this. It appears appropriate blood tests will show the amount of cobalt in the blood, which we're going to do next. I'd just like to hear if anyone else has had any experience with this or is going through this now. I would be most grateful for any help/suggestions. Thank you!

@OcnGrl Welcome to BoneSmart. I am so sorry to hear your mother is having such problems! Yes there have quite a few folks here with this question. Here's the list of threads that mention 'Cobalt" https://bonesmart.org/forum/search/1736439/?q=Cobalt&o=relevance

I sincerely hope your mother's doctors can get a definitive answer for her and for you! If you can give us a date for your mother's surgery and which hip received the partial we will create a signature for her.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member