Anyone use Biofreeze for pain??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheryl7

graduate
Country
United States United States
Hi, I have a friend who suggests biofreeze http://www.biofreeze.com/page/en/Biofreeze-Products.aspx?parent=1. She says it really helps her back pain as well as muscular pain and cramps.
After reading reviews and such, I get from users, they much prefer it too bengay and the like.
It comes in 3 different forms, a roll on a spray and a gel. I am leaning towards the gel as it seems to be the most cost effective way to go http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ld-keywords=biofreeze&sprefix=biofree,aps,175. But the new spray gel is said to be a little stronger then the gel as it has arnica in it. most give good reviews about it, however some dont like the spray as they are allergic to arnica that is in it. Also some dont like it because they say the spray leaves of fumes you inhale and over time can be dangerous, so I am up in the air as to which one i want to try. My friend uses the spray and swears by it, she has severe back pain, and it really helps to relieve a lot of her pain, so i really want to give it a try for myself an see.
Besides muscles it is said to help joint pain as well.
I just wanted to share this with others, and also to see if anyone has given it a try, and see what their thoughts were on the product, does it help you, which formula to you prefer ( roll on, gel, or spray)?
i think I am going to take a chance and order some from amazon, will report how it works for me.
Thanks, any thoughts please?.....Sheryl

Hi Sheryl
Yes, I tried it. It did not work for me. My massage therapist used it during a session once on sore muscles and swore by it so I bought the topical roll on to try. If you read what is in it, menthol is a major ingredient; if that works for you, great. I found ice more effective.

Great thanks for the reply Elisea. I have ordered the spray, and will give it try. i will let know how works out for me and report backl.

I prefer the roll-on. You can put it right where you want it. It's a great product that I have used in numerous situations.

Thanks Josephine, i hope it helps with my tight neck muscles, and if it helped with the knees some that would be a plus.

Hi Sheryl!
How are you?
I tried bio-freezea few years ago on my knees because others had raved about it. It didn't help, but it makes sense that it wouldn't. My pain and aching was from bone on bone. No ointment is going to help that. :heehee: I have heard wonderful things about biofreeze, though. I now that they sell in in CVS and Walmart, now. Google for a coupon and find it on sale and give it a try. I like the idea of a roll-on, too. You can really hit the spot.
I hope all is well with you! Great chatting with you!

Thanks Nyland, too late i already ordered some from amazon as i was unaware that walmart or the other drugs stores carried it, i go to walmart and kroger and have never seen it there. I asked my friend if the had them at CVS and she said you could only get them on line. If I like it I i will check it out and see what store i can get it at with a coupon.
I am not anticipating it working too well on my knees, as i am bone on bone too, and have tried several creams on them with not much results. I mainly purchased it as i have heard really good things about it for muscle soreness, and my neck is always tight as a drum. I use a generic rub on it and seems to help some, but the hotness of it hurts. I have read, and my friend told me that it may warm a little, but not hot and uncomfortable, so i thought i would give it a try.
I have been reading your recovery, and glad to see you are coming along, keep up the good work:thumb:

Hi Sheryl!

I used bio freeze gel for my back and it helped for awhile. When the sciatic nerve was totally crushed, it no longer worked. I can't blame the bio freeze for that though! :heehee:

Sheryl,
One other thing to try while you are waiting for your biofreeze...a nice hot bath with epson salt. Lay back and let your neck relax. It will feel really nice for a little bit.
Thanks for the well wishes. We can't wait for you to be on the healing side!

Thanks Nyland and Sonja. I will try the epsom salt baths, sounds relaxing.:zzz:

I use the gel when I go to bed...I think just doing something helps....

Hi all, i got my biofreeze spray in the mail this afternoon, and just sprayed some on my neck area, so far feels ok no burning like with icy hot. It feels like it is making the area feel numbed sort of. Will try some other areas and see if it helps.

Hi Sheryl

I have used it for a couple of years and it works really well for me. I used to use it on my knee all the time (more so at night) and found it soothed and helped with some of the pain. Anything is worth a go with pain - good luck :thumb:

Thanks Jo, I have not tried on my knees yet, they have been behaving the last couple of days.
Seemed to work well on my neck and lower back though.

Thanks Jo, I have not tried on my knees yet, they have been behaving the last couple of days.
Seemed to work well on my neck and lower back though.

Hi Sheryl,
I love biofreeze. I use the roll on and sometimes I use it with an ice pack. I get mine at OTC warehouse.com. I usually get 10-12 bottles at a time and give them as stocking stuffers at Christmas. I have not seen it in any stores in my area yet. I know some chiropracters have it in their offices but it is twice as much as what I pay online. The physical therapists at my work use it on our patients, that's where I first learned of it.

hi clovergirl59, my friend had reccomended it to me, said she really liked it, she said she had got it from her husbands dr, for when he hurt his back at work, and they both really seemed to like it.
I like it so for, it took a little getting use too at first though, my spray i got is pretty strong, it has the highest amount of menthol in it, then the other biofreeze products, I think it contains 10percent menthol.
Anyways so far so good, thanks for your imput......Sheryl:flwrysmile:

Sheryl7, Thanks I had forgotten about it. Just before I had my knee done I tried it. Didn't do a thing of course. However before that I used it all the time for my neck and shoulders. I use also use a product call Sun Breeze. I think all of us have tried so many product just so we can get relief before we get the total knee replacement or the hip one. We can say we really have tried to get relief. I just hope in the process we don't hurt ourselves with reactions skin or other way. With the weekend coming up please have a good Sunday. Take care:puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle1:

Hi Tashia. The biofreeze doesn't do much for my knee, but is helping my neck and shoulders tho. So far no skin reactions, so thats good. Hope you have a great Sunday as well, Take care....Sheryl:flwrysmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020