• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Anyone have bowed legs from their arthritis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
gazelle7777

gazelle7777

post-grad
Country
United States United States
View attachment 12397 gazelle7777, Don't let other people's remarks frighten you into seriously thinking of canceling your surgery. They are not the one's who will have to live with your painful knees---you are!
And telling you that you're brave to have bilateral TKR---it's really a terrific compliment to you, and you should take it that way. Please go to recovery and locate all the threads that have "Bilateral TKR" in front of the thread title and read them. They will help you feel much, much better.

Those of us who go through recovery with two operated knees do just as well as those who only have one done. And when you really need two done, it's better to have it one and done in terms of surgery, rehab, and recovery. It is NOT more difficult to recover from two than one. The first two or three weeks are the toughest. But with good pain management and following the BoneSmart mantra to the letter, it soon gets better and better. It's a long recovery period. So when you get to the end of recovery road----you're done and have two pain free knees to take you on the rest of your life journey----and now you'll be able to enjoy it and make the most of your life.

Print this out, color it, paste on some cardboard, and wear it with pride.

View attachment 12398Because you are, and YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Take care and keep us posted. We care. View attachment 12399

I am going home from hospital tomorrow (Friday)june 7th...me and my two new knees! Your post came to mind today-so positive and caring. I have a long road to hoe to get where I want to be....but I feel so good about my path to a new life walking with straight legs!

Lmarshall

senior
Country
Bottomshollow....I too have valgus and and getting btkr tomorrow. Thanks for posting those pics....looking forward to having straight legs. Gazelle...how are your leg angles post surgery

Country
all the best 3.jpg Lmarshall, much luck tomorrow. It'll be a bit tough for a couple of weeks, but it will be more than worth it. And you will LOVE you straight legs---I really recommend taking pictures today---you will forget how bad it was without something to compare---and showing them, others will be amazed at what knee replacement can do besides eliminating pain. I'll be looking for your first post from the "other side".

Lmarshall

senior
Country
Thank you Bottomshollow, I will be taking some pics of my legs and my walking tonight. Hoping to get a video library done if they let me in the hospital.

Jazzbary

Country
Singapore Singapore
My surgeon said that he would straighten my bowed knees( straight legs!) and also I would regain the height I have lost from the bowed knees. Anyone who had the same issues that is happy with their straight legs?? This is almost what keeps me on track for June 4th for bi lateral knee replacement--- wearing pants with straight legs!! I am so ashamed of my bowed legs. Thanks to anyone who can give me an idea how knee replacement for your arthritic knees also gave you straighter legs.
Don't Be Ashamed Approx 8.5 million people in UK and 27 million people in USA are suffering by this condition. This disease increase over the time and cannot be cured. Some therapies can only control the condition and help with regular pain. Therapies can keep the patient active but cannot cure the disease entirely. Hands, knees, joints, back and neck are the parts of the body that are affected in this disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom