BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have bowed legs from their arthritis ?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by gazelle7777, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazelle7777

gazelle7777 post-grad

United States United States

I am going home from hospital tomorrow (Friday)june 7th...me and my two new knees! Your post came to mind today-so positive and caring. I have a long road to hoe to get where I want to be....but I feel so good about my path to a new life walking with straight legs!

• Like Like x 2
  2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

thank you 8.jpg gazelle7777, it's always gratifying to know that I've been helpful to others on their journey. I'll be following you down your recovery road.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lmarshall

Lmarshall senior

Bottomshollow....I too have valgus and and getting btkr tomorrow. Thanks for posting those pics....looking forward to having straight legs. Gazelle...how are your leg angles post surgery

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

all the best 3.jpg Lmarshall, much luck tomorrow. It'll be a bit tough for a couple of weeks, but it will be more than worth it. And you will LOVE you straight legs---I really recommend taking pictures today---you will forget how bad it was without something to compare---and showing them, others will be amazed at what knee replacement can do besides eliminating pain. I'll be looking for your first post from the "other side".

5. Lmarshall

Lmarshall senior

Thank you Bottomshollow, I will be taking some pics of my legs and my walking tonight. Hoping to get a video library done if they let me in the hospital.

6. Jazzbary

Jazzbary new member

Singapore Singapore
    Don't Be Ashamed Approx 8.5 million people in UK and 27 million people in USA are suffering by this condition. This disease increase over the time and cannot be cured. Some therapies can only control the condition and help with regular pain. Therapies can keep the patient active but cannot cure the disease entirely. Hands, knees, joints, back and neck are the parts of the body that are affected in this disease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.