Any Philly folks here? Any recommendations for doctors at Penn Medicine?

KenUSA36

Country
United States United States
I searched the forums and saw Dr. Gwo-Chin Lee recommended.

I've personally seen Dr. Hume, who I like. Considering another opinion from Dr. Israelite, who upon searching the net is really highly rated.

I'm sure Penn's joint replacement docs are all top notch. Just looking for personal experience. Thanks!

Hi @KenUSA36 My surgeon performed both of my THR's but I know he does knees, also. I did my PT the day after my surgery and was in the PT room with a couple of his knee patients and they couldn't say enough good about him.
HIs name is Dr William Hozack and he is with the Rothman Institute. He has a great support team, too. I can email them with a question and hear back within a few hours.
For my first hip I opted for Jefferson Hospital- Rothman has a floor there and my care was fantastic! Then for my second hip I opted for the Bensalem Surgical Center because I could get the dates that I wanted, Jefferson had a longer wait list. Bensalem was fantastic and they have a very low patient to nurse ratio. I would press my call button and someone was right there to help, which is important because the IV's kept me busy walking to the bathroom!
I am not familiar with the surgeons you listed. Good luck with your decisions!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member