THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

Thanks my friends. It felt like nerves which is why i threw it out there. I appreciate knowing that its not uncommon.

TH, We have 3 dogs. Lab, Great Dane, and rescue mix. All have been great, although it can be a bit of an obstacle course when trying to get out of bed middle of the night. Which taught me to goooo sloooow.

I have been doing one step pt and find it very helpful. Although the surgeons office reminded me yesterday I should be in healing mode not rehab for the first 6 weeks.

I find such disparity in recovery stories amounting to what others can do and how quickly. I have stopped comparing how far and fast others are doing and just paying attention to my own body's wisdom. Its more about acceptance and trust rather than to keep pushing. Thank you for your great advice and experiences. This has been awesome.

Happy One Month Anniversary!
A little info I found upon researching awhile back -
Small sensory nerve fibers are cut with the incision. These nerve fibers run from the inside to the outside of the hip. While healing you may experience sensations of tingling, pins and needles, itching, burning and even the feeling of a minor electrical shock. These are usually good signs that the nerves are spontaneously firing through the regeneration process.

I can imagine the dogs causing a bit of anxiety while trying to navigate your space in the middle of the night. Tripping hazard, yikes! :wink:
I find such disparity in recovery stories amounting to what others can do and how quickly. I have stopped comparing how far and fast others are doing and just paying attention to my own body's wisdom. Its more about acceptance and trust rather than to keep pushing.
Yes…you’re right! Thankfully you’ve figured out not to compare recoveries, but let your body heal at its own pace. This should save you any set-backs that trying to push your recovery may cause.

Happy Friday…I hope you have a nice weekend! :SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom