another TEDS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

creblue

Country
United States United States
i am 8 days out, wear the TEDS all day, off at bedtime. Can I safely roll them up or take them off for a trip to the store or to dine out?

I would mostly wear at night then, because your not moving around....During the day your up....Just sayng!!!I did take them off for that...

Roll them up? You mean on your leg?

"You cannot be serious"!!!

I never wore them, but Jo!!! Your comment was priceless!!!

wow 8 days out and a trip to store and out to eat!
You might ask your OS nurse but think they just want you to wear all the time at least mine did. Hated them. What do you mean roll them up?

She probably means rolling them DOWN??? What a fashion statement!! :)

Judles

I pictured a little old lady with their hose rolled down and started laughing. That was my first thought but was not sure esp. already planning on going out to eat and store. I did not get out of hosp until 6 days. 8 days out I was lying in bed most of day elevating, icing with no thoughts of getting out

Pat! Me, too! Jay thought it was funny just hearing me cackle! Our great minds think a lot!!! I can't even imagine what torture they would be in the excessive heat!!! How are YOU today? :)

VERY FUNNY<friends!! what I meant was since the toe is open anyway, i would push them up under my capri pants as much as possible. I am doing better every day and getting restless. I use a cane and only take tylenol. I think the fact i worked out and kept myself in good shape has really helped me speed the recovery .

Whoops! Pat.....I meant we think ALIKE....AND a lot!!! LOL!

Had to run errands this afternoon and it was so hot (still is 100 should be in med 90's by 10pm) I got sick to my stomach.

Been reading the Happy Birthdays to Nancyo and I am so hungry thinking about cake so I am going to cook some peach dumplings and have a cup of coffee.

Oh boy does that sound GOOD! I reckon I never had peach dumplings before! Enjoy!!!! :)

That's what I thought, Kim!!!!!! Very therapeutic..(Wink.wink!!!)

Hi Creblue, I was told that they need to stay on for 6 weeks (or whatever length of time your OS says), but that if you are active during the day then they can be taken off for short periods of time. You are supposed to wear them when you are sleeping as your blood becomes more sluggish, therefore you are more at risk of clots etc then. This is only what I was told, but I am sure that there is far more info around.

I was also told that they must never be rolled down, nor must there be any wrinkles round the calf region as this can cause a problem too.

I take mine off when I go for hydro (obvious reasons), and keep them off until I go for a lay down in the afternoon. Also I am going to go get my hair done next Wednesday and refuse to sit in the hairdressers with them on so I will leave them at home then.

Your choice really, but it is sooo nice to take them off for a while each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88