Revision THR Another Second Chance

Actually...no, I don't. Sorry.
Ask your kids, that what I always do, or worse yet, my grandkids often educate me! :rotfl:

Consider bringing ice packs and cooler...it helps.
Happy Thursday :)
Thought about it and forgot about it....worked out ok though. 1 hour 15 min drive up. Was able to hangout and have lunch with the boys before their first game. Sat through the game on good old middle school bleachers without any issue.

1 hour 15 min drive home. Since I didn’t make it to the gym yesterday, I’m headed there now. My first official bachelor duty for the next 2 days! LOL
:upright::treadmill::swim:

Ok. Didn’t have time to jump on a stationary bike.

I do get 2 miles on the elliptical in 19:53 min. Then 500 yards walking in the lap pool (4 to 4.5 feet) in 10:04 min.

Only problems were the piriformis ached just a little bit on the elliptical. The pool walking was very smooth. I would recommend aqua anything for rehab!

I don't think pushing it to the point of anything aching is a good thing this early into recovery.
Your body is trying to heal, please don't sabotage it. You're only 6 weeks out from major surgery.
I realize you know that, so BEHAVE! :)
Happy Friday :wave:
@inthebeginning

@JennyLynne
Pretty much the same. I waited until they got a look at it at the 6 week mark. I knew it was closed and probably good to go around 4.5-5 weeks.

@Layla
My intent wasn’t to push until the ache. It just started to ache. Nothing in the hip felt off or hurt or aches in any way. I’m just getting some movement into muscles that haven’t fired like this in a while. As an active person, I know what lack of use feels like, therefore I’m fairly confident I’m not doing anything negative. Thank you as always for your support and kind words!

I have the smoker fired up again today! Brisket and brats! Going outside to mow the lawn now.

Happy Weekend!

The food was yummy, the lawn is mowed with no incident. This morning I had to drive back up to the basketball tournament and I remembered my special seat cushion this time. Makes a good difference . Is there an emoji for happy butt? :loll:

Last edited:
@inthebeginning
Is there any mochi happy butt? :loll:

donut.jpg

After the 1:15 hour drive up to my son’s basketball tourney, they played two final games and won their bracket!! Then the 1:15 hour drive home and everything felt great!

So, what did I do? I went to the gym of course! 5 miles on a spin bike! Felt smooooooth like butter. The walked 800 yards in the pool. I was off on my measurement the other day and only actually did 400 yards. It’s a shorter pool.

Now it’s another :45 min drive up to the airport to pick up wife and daughter! They’ve been gone since Wednesday, so it will be nice to have them home.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

View from the hammock today. Mowed the backyard and trimmed some dead branches from that last snowstorm. No gym today. Hit it pretty hard both weekend days.

Finally see the PT folks on Wednesday. Hoping they don’t try to throw @Ryesgma workout at me!

Attachments

• 94862DA2-4101-453C-B8D9-B1A111A230B4.jpeg
    94862DA2-4101-453C-B8D9-B1A111A230B4.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 185
So glad to hear that you are doing well:wave: I love your comment about my workout:rofsign: don't let them throw that nonsense at you . I just called them today and cancelled all my remaining appointments:) :-) (:

Pretty blue sky always "ups" my mood.
Do take it easy at PT inthebeginning
Not a competition, you know.
Well... I have started some good stuff at the gym. Elliptical, spin bike and pool walking. I can’t wait to see where my ROM’s are!
Not only the blue sky. Many different birds ‘talking’! Blue Jays, Robins, House Sparrows to name a few... they all have nests in and around our yard!

Last edited:
It’s really hard to not add more activity around the yard. The hip feels really great. It’s really just getting the muscles all back up to speed. It’s only a little achy in the glute (piriformis), and that’s only on the elliptical. Other than that, it’s the normal muscle soreness the day after working out.

The pool walking is the best! I would recommend it to everyone that has access to a pool! Takes a ton of weight off the hip while adding just a little resistance from the water. It allows you to really work on your walking form.

Day 50.

Had my PT initial consult today. ROM looks pretty good- see attached. The old Glute is the one spot he wants to focus on as well as the tightness/scar tissue just under the incision. Otherwise, 1 visit a week for a month and I should be good to go.

I have attached the home exercises he sent me home with. Good stuff! Our goal is to get me ready to ride the real bike outside in a couple weeks. I know I could now but we have to follow doctors orders, right @Layla !!??

Attachments

• 78A4C016-0976-43CF-B625-187B1EAFF7E5.jpeg
    78A4C016-0976-43CF-B625-187B1EAFF7E5.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 335D094C-4EA9-43E5-9E36-BDC2DDB4E4AE.jpeg
    335D094C-4EA9-43E5-9E36-BDC2DDB4E4AE.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 09FB1F35-5457-46B3-A8BA-13FD12C1F537.jpeg
    09FB1F35-5457-46B3-A8BA-13FD12C1F537.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 206
  • 89B64965-CAC1-466A-B400-5CC076EEB1D9.jpeg
    89B64965-CAC1-466A-B400-5CC076EEB1D9.jpeg