Revision THR Another Second Chance

@Layla
I honestly do get it. Doctors orders, etc. my doc has been doing hips and knees since 2003. He and his partner were the first in the Denver metro area to go anterior on 2004. That tells me he obviously knows what he is talking about.

Maybe I didn’t mean ‘so what’, but along the lines of what @SE Florida said, I know my body. I’m sure if I was one of the finely tuned professional athletes he did a hip for, he would allow for some extra room during recovery. I am not comparing myself to a professional athlete, but I am a different patient. I mean how many hip revisions or first THR patients are riding 15 miles on their bike 3 days before surgery.

I hear you loud and clear! I haven’t felt any pain yet or had moments that made me stop in my tracks. Im confident that a few thousand extra steps on two days out of the week won’t kill me.

My biggest goal right now is to see that infectious control doc tomorrow and get the ‘all clear’!

Last edited:
Day 21.

Bored off my asseverations! Feeling good physically but still bored.

Saw the infectious control doc this morning. Second sample has not popped positive for Penicillium yet. One week to wait until the final determination. Meanwhile the blood showed a slightly raised CRP which was expected. They took a little bit more blood to check it again. He reaffirmed that he’s never seen this type of fungus in a joint before. Candida yes, not Penicillium. He’s thinking perhaps a contaminated sample. :thumb:

Maybe lay out in the sun later... heading up to 80° later this week.

:wave:Hello
Good news on the labs. Keep us posted.
Make sure to cover the incision area well in the sun. No short shorts :rotfl:
Can you imagine a sunburned incision? Ugh! :sad:
Have a good one :SUNsmile:
@inthebeginning

Talk about recovery!!!
Blood results from yesterday we’re great! CRP was 5, totally within normal range.

Attachments

• 07546B44-2C51-461E-A349-F7E49900A329.jpeg
    07546B44-2C51-461E-A349-F7E49900A329.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 122
Excellent news!

I have to say, the first time you posted a pic of your legs, i thought “oh my god, I’ve never seen such pasty legs before!”
I didn’t realize you were wearing ted stockings [emoji23]
This is much better!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Day 23.

Yesterday, half of the team from work had an offsite team building day. It was a few miles from the house and my manager said I was welcome to stop by if able. It was great to see a bunch of co-workers! I had to hold back as it was at a fancy golf driving range. Neat, modern place called Top Golf. It was good to catch up.

My wife’s office is right around the corner from Top Golf, so I dropped in for a quick visit there. Of course she put me to work! I had to drop off a delivery on the way home. Of all places, the partner PT outfit of my OS office! It was to their new location so didn’t get to see anyone from my team.

Sleep, ahhh glorious sleep. I broke the 7 hour mark last night! Not all in one stretch of course, but it’s getting better every night. I can actually get upwards of :30 min on the operative side now! I’ve also noticed that I’m not having to keep the pillow in between my legs on the other side any longer.

Stairs. Probably the weakest area left. I can get up without having to use the handrail, but that results in quite the hitch in my giddyup. I suppose with no official PT yet...?

Socks and shoes. I can cross the op leg just about to a normal place to accomplish both, sitting and standing.

18 days until I see the OS PA again. BORING! But otherwise awesome!

Boring but awesome it's the worst way to live!

A Top Golf opened near my office in December, and every single outing, party, happy hour, etc is there now. I am happy the weather is warming, after golfing several times in snow and freezing temps!

Good news. It sounds like you're finally "being have" lol, as one of my kids refered to "behaving" when little.

I don't golf but hubs does. I'm a good cart rider though with a glass of vino, actually a can of vino on the course. At $14 a can I feel like bringing my own next time. Hubs says "well, the bartender told me it's two glasses worth." We have a Top Golf within about 40 minutes of home and I've thought of getting hubby a gift certificate because I feel he'd enjoy the place. By the looks of their website, I'm guessing I'd have fun also!

Seven hrs of sleep is awesome. Even if broken up and breaking in side laying at 30 minutes is a good start.
The stairs will come. I hope you can stick within your surgeon's recommendation for activity. I'd hate to see you wanting to kick yourself if something went wrong because you're being one of these > :hissy: None. of. that. You need to grill and chill on your deck this weekend, that will keep you within your OS's recommended step count.

Hope you have a nice Thursday and a great weekend!
@inthebeginning

Boring:bored: but awesome:) :-) (:...its the best way to live (during recovery):tada:
We could gain some excitement by doing much more too soon - possibly risking tendonitis, bursitis and a host of other chronic problems that would take months to overcome, rather than giving things a few more weeks to get well and increase activity incrementally.
I am also glad to hear you were able to sleep well and are trying your best to Be Have.:eyebrows:

Day 24.

I’m a bad boy. My 6th grader had her ‘Field Day’ at school today. The whole school takes turns outside playing fun team type activities and games. I didn’t volunteer to run a station as I have in the past. Still had to stumble around a grassy field for about an hour. I was able to watch half of her activities.

My 10th grader had his end of season lacrosse banquet this evening. It was at a local country club in a fancy tent outside. Hooray for cheap plastic folding banquet chairs.

I won’t tell @Layla how many steps I racked up today, but I can hear it already.

Business meeting at the local library tomorrow followed by a pair of my son’s basketball games in the evening. Can probably keep the steps low tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!!

Oh field day.... I got the volunteer sheet yesterday and cringed. Maybe I’ll take a cue from you and just go watch a bit. Ours is still a few weeks away.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp